Golden's Latest Quote Says it All...Wow!

MGreen26

Freshman
Coach Golden on the GT offense: "They don't beat you really with the fullback, they beat you on the perimeter, with the quarterback in the alley, they beat you with the tosses, the 26 yard toss play they got. That's four or five handoffs to the fullback and we let it go on one play."

Let me get this straight (I am no math major) but 26 yards divided by 5 plays is 5.2 yards per play. That is right folks...our defensive scheme is to stop that pitch and hoping that a fullback dive (the safest play in all of football) will net 5.2 yards per play. That is exactly what the defense did for most of the night. Our defenders were perfectly positioned to make stops 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

I will give credit where credit is due. Golden is pretty much achieving the exact results he is looking for on D -- 5.2 yards per rush. Applause Al, Applause!

Advertisement
Sorry, but if your defense can't stop the dive or first option, then your doomed for an ***-kicking.

Stopping the dive is an absolute must everything else is built off the dive

The alignment of Perryman and the way we played our DTs indicated that they felt the best way to stop the option was to go against 30 years of proven, sound defensive principles, and instead allow the dive play to go for 5 ypc.

On paper, they drew it up that we would invite the dive, but then our 2-gap DTs would make the tackle or slow him down and our MLB would finish after getting off the centers block. These guys are trying to reinvent the wheel, and yet their re-invention ends up in a flat ******* tire.

Number one rule of beating the option = take away the dive. Their plan, invite the dive by alignment and beat it with a technique that no team has ever sucessfully beaten it with.

Advertisement
I seem to remember that Barry guy out at OU had a pretty good option attack going until JJ got to THE U. He made it very clear that if he couldn't give yardage on the fullback dive, then the option just didn't work and since OU couldn't get crap out of the dive, they just could not beat Miami. I'm going to go with the dude who went 33-3, with all three loses coming against us. THE DIVE IS THE ESSENTIAL PLAY OF ANY OPTION ATTACK.

Just look at EVERY OTHER team that plays GT. None of them lines up the way we did.

I couldn't care less and have no desire to hear anything he says anymore. The season is lost, the Coastal is gone, another big loss to the Noles up ahead, and we have a staff that has no idea how to fix it, adapt, change or figure it out. I'm done. I'm surprised I even opened this thread. But the OP said it perfectly.

Advertisement
Yup.... dont focus on the slow *** full back who is getting 3-5 yds per carry and racked up 130+ yds. That guy did not beat us.

AG and Dorito ******* up this program like Sandusky ****ed them when they were in college

Priority number 1 of beating an option team is to take away the ******* dive. That is defensive coaching 101.

These ******** would rather get bludgeoned to death by 4-5 yards instead though.

Where are all the condescending ******** now to tell us "mopes" that we don't know anything since we're not coaching?

Obviously Golden and Doritos are geniuses.

Golden exposed himself with that quote. Everybody knows that he has a bend but don't philosophy even though he continues to deny it publicly. Here he let it slip out unintentionally.

Someone get that guy outta my face quick.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back