Golden's "Hard Cap"

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
I've seen posters commenting on the quote from Golden regarding Kirkland, then signing 3 more kids. The hard cap meant that he wasn't going over 85 scholarships. If MT, Collins and Bostwick all picked Miami that would have left no extra scholarship for Denver. If he guaranteed that he was picking them they would have let him keep it and given the hard line to another prospect. He decided to play the game and say that we were in his top 3 so Miami moved on.

Since those 3 picked other schools we had some openings that were not known to the coaches at the time. And so Golden added 3 Stud athletes to our program.

The 2014 kids that really want to go to the []_[] better not be playing games and if they do and get left behind hopefully we don't have to listen to local idiots cry about it.

Advertisement
Agree attrition or possible "f-u NCAA". Still not sure why we had to impose scholarship reduction before having them handed to us.

Advertisement
Teams oversign, then cut kids in the spring. Al didn't want to go over 85 on signing day regardless of attrition I believe.

Teams oversign, then cut kids in the spring. Al didn't want to go over 85 on signing day regardless of attrition I believe.

I appreciate the spirit with which you pursued your initial hypothesis, but it was a misstep, friend. Like I said, everyone's hard cap is 85. For Alshermond to make a big deal about us being up against the same hard cap everyone else is up against is inconceivable. Let this one go.

I think Golden said ***** the NCAA and pre-planned scholly reductions, and signing more than intended; however, this is just my uneducated opinion on how thing went down.

I just looked at it like Corn took Alex Collins spot and Griffin took Matt Thomas' spot.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wht Al meant regarding Kirkland, which is where the whole 'hard cap' talk came from, is that we had a hard cap on fat **** ****rags who play games with our staff. The cap is zero.

Wht Al meant regarding Kirkland, which is where the whole 'hard cap' talk came from, is that we had a hard cap on fat **** ****rags who play games with our staff. The cap is zero.

Agreed. SMH at all the talk and nonesense that this afterthought we recruited maybe more to help land MT than for his own ability has created. Glad we pulled his scholly and that we never put one back on the table (even if we did keep quiet and let him pretend we did just to chill Ice out).

Advertisement

I appreciate the spirit with which you pursued your initial hypothesis, but it was a misstep, friend. Like I said, everyone's hard cap is 85. For Alshermond to make a big deal about us being up against the same hard cap everyone else is up against is inconceivable. Let this one go.

Hey Francise...

Coach Golden mentioned on numerous occasions last year that he expected our total scholarship count would be down to 80. Could this be the "hard cap" he was referring?

:cigar:

I'm pretty sure Golden was referring to the "hard cack" we are going to ram into these FSU turncoats for the next several years... You guys misinterpreted.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back