Goldens first in home visit.....CALI

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
1 p.m. update: Today was the first day coaches could speak with recruits in several weeks, and UM coach Al Golden and recruiting coordinator Brennan Carroll traveled across country to Chaminade High in West Hills, Cal., the school of quarterback Brad Kaaya, a UM oral commitment. UM is trying to stave off UCLA and Boise and hold on to Kaaya, rated the 10th-best quarterback in the country.

Chaminade coach Ed Croson said he expects Kaaya will sign with Miami but also said UCLA and Boise "have a shot at him."

Also, Croson said Golden was scheduled to meet today with senior receiver Brayden Lenius, who's very close with Kaaya. Though he's rated only a two-star prospect, Croson said Lenius is much better than that.

"He's 6-5, has great hands, faster than you can imagine," Croson said. "He went up against the No. 1 rated cornerback in the country, Adoree' Jackson, and beat him deep and drew two holding penalties."

Would luring Croson help Miami's chances with Kaaya? Croson said yes. "That would be a good ploy," he said. "Make sure his buddy is happy."

But Croson emphasized that Lenius can "stand on his own" as a prospect. Lenius has drawn interest from UCLA, Minnesota, Washington State and others.

UM also is recruiting two other Chaminade players --- sophomore receiver Diamond Lee and junior defensive tackle Bar Milo.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...tate-of-team-new-um-offers.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
QB is the most important position on the team good thing golden is surer up kaaya commitment

shows how highly they think of him that they flew all the way over there when Kaaya will be on his official visit here tomorrow

Advertisement
I wouldn't have minded if it were at Valentines place tho. But, I do like the take care of your own theory as well.

I wouldn't have minded if it were at Valentines place tho. But, I do like the take care of your own theory as well.

This is exactly where he should have been at. Our DL getting it's *** handed to them, and his lack of pulling in quality talent at the position. Is troubling.

Advertisement
1 p.m. update: Today was the first day coaches could speak with recruits in several weeks, and UM coach Al Golden and recruiting coordinator Brennan Carroll traveled across country to Chaminade High in West Hills, Cal., the school of quarterback Brad Kaaya, a UM oral commitment. UM is trying to stave off UCLA and Boise and hold on to Kaaya, rated the 10th-best quarterback in the country.

Chaminade coach Ed Croson said he expects Kaaya will sign with Miami but also said UCLA and Boise "have a shot at him."

Also, Croson said Golden was scheduled to meet today with senior receiver Brayden Lenius, who's very close with Kaaya. Though he's rated only a two-star prospect, Croson said Lenius is much better than that.

"He's 6-5, has great hands, faster than you can imagine," Croson said. "He went up against the No. 1 rated cornerback in the country, Adoree' Jackson, and beat him deep and drew two holding penalties."

Would luring Croson help Miami's chances with Kaaya? Croson said yes. "That would be a good ploy," he said. "Make sure his buddy is happy."

But Croson emphasized that Lenius can "stand on his own" as a prospect. Lenius has drawn interest from UCLA, Minnesota, Washington State and others.

UM also is recruiting two other Chaminade players --- sophomore receiver Diamond Lee and junior defensive tackle Bar Milo.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...tate-of-team-new-um-offers.html#storylink=cpy

I´m almost sure Bar Milo is an offensive tackle

Advertisement

This is exactly where he should have been at. Our DL getting it's *** handed to them, and his lack of pulling in quality talent at the position. Is troubling.

Valentine will be getting the love too. But holding on to Kaaya is absolutely the number one priority.

Valentine will be getting the love too. But holding on to Kaaya is absolutely the number one priority.

holding on to each and every recruit is the priority.

Advertisement
QB and DT are the must have positions. Would have like clone Al to be at Valentine's door at 12:01 with roses, but flying to CA last night and not wasting a recruitng day travleing makes sense. Plus, we must have QBs too. Also, LSU might have Valenitine all paid for and Al's sit down is a waste of time. I hope not because TV takes this class over the top.

I know our DT recruiting has beyond sucked, but this is still a QB league as they say. Without the QB, we have nothing. I'm glad Brad was their first trip. Hopefully the plane lands down the street from TV and he's next.

holding on to each and every recruit is the priority.

Obviously ever recruit is important. But it's silly to pretend that you don't have priorities among them. Bottom line is Kaaya is the most important recruit in our class right now.

Advertisement
Back