Golden Today

ScubaCane

John 16:33
Premium
Hurns - out with a head injury
SMH - still out at "funeral", personally I would be shocked if this kid ever plays for this team again

Advertisement
The SH news isnt new because we knew he would be leaving for a funeral 3 or 4 days ago. Sucks for Hurns though.

im kind of viewing Seantrell situation like a Winslow with the bucs situation(not saying to cut him just cant let this potential star walk all over you). In order for Golden to keep that respect with the players he has to set an example and not buckle. a flight up and back isn't an issue. its multiple days missed on more than one occasion. Immediate family a couple of days no problem but this isn't the case.

I understand he put in a lot of work in the off season and lost the weight he needed to. I really hope he has been on the level with golden and has kept him notified. From Goldens last presser i don't see him starting at BC for sure.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Make no mistake guys--Seantrel will play. He'll be in the rotation with Ereck Flowers and Jermaine Johnson at RT early on, at worst. Two funerals in the past few weeks have knocked him out of practices, which is why this is even a question. He's not going to the Bahamas on vacation in the middle of Fall camp with both middle fingers extended at Golden while doing so--keep in mind that people lost their lives that Seantrel was close to. This isn't him going home to feed chicken soup to his grandma b/c she has a cold or some ****. It's not the exact same thing--but no one questioned how Golden handled Jo Jo Nicholas last year when his infant son died, did they?

Golden's a stand-up guy, and he understands the loss of family and friends like any coach who preaches "family" to recruits SHOULD. That's why he hasn't said stuff about Seantrel's status with the team being in jeopardy--because it shouldn't be for stuff like this.

Just chill out fellas--Seantrel's not going anywhere.

im kind of viewing Seantrell situation like a Winslow with the bucs situation(not saying to cut him just cant let this potential star walk all over you). In order for Golden to keep that respect with the players he has to set an example and not buckle. a flight up and back isn't an issue. its multiple days missed on more than one occasion. Immediate family a couple of days no problem but this isn't the case.

I understand he put in a lot of work in the off season and lost the weight he needed to. I really hope he has been on the level with golden and has kept him notified. From Goldens last presser i don't see him starting at BC for sure.

I can't understand the amount of time he's missed, I realize he reportedly had two recent deaths of people he knew, but I would think he would be pressing to get back.
I agree with the OP, won't be at all surprised to see him gone.

Make no mistake guys--Seantrel will play. He'll be in the rotation with Ereck Flowers and Jermaine Johnson at RT early on, at worst. Two funerals in the past few weeks have knocked him out of practices, which is why this is even a question. He's not going to the Bahamas on vacation in the middle of Fall camp with both middle fingers extended at Golden while doing so--keep in mind that people lost their lives that Seantrel was close to. This isn't him going home to feed chicken soup to his grandma b/c she has a cold or some ****. It's not the exact same thing--but no one questioned how Golden handled Jo Jo Nicholas last year when his infant son died, did they?

Golden's a stand-up guy, and he understands the loss of family and friends like any coach who preaches "family" to recruits SHOULD. That's why he hasn't said stuff about Seantrel's status with the team being in jeopardy--because it shouldn't be for stuff like this.

Just chill out fellas--Seantrel's not going anywhere.

Difference is, there's been no report of who actually passed. The lack of information makes me a skeptic.

I can't understand the amount of time he's missed, I realize he reportedly had two recent deaths of people he knew, but I would think he would be pressing to get back.
I agree with the OP, won't be at all surprised to see him gone.

He was also injured in a car accident...a ton of things has happened to this kid...be easy.

Advertisement
Difference is, there's been no report of who actually passed. The lack of information makes me a skeptic.
Honestly though--what business is it of ours? He's had a loss (or two), let him deal with that privately.

Being skeptical about Seantrel's future as a Cane, just because we're nosy about the relationship between Seantrel and the deceased is just craziness.

Advertisement
LMAO at some of you. First, if Seantrel hasn't been honest with the coaching staff, I'm sure that will be dealt with in house. Al Golden is an adult, a coach, and a leader, and you don't put a college student on blast in the press on how that kid is handling personal business.

Second, I'm sure Golden holds these press conferences every day thinking, "I need to put Seantrel's personal business out there in the media to make sure message board posters like 4canes know that this is a serious matter and not Seantrel making something up and causing turmoil within the team."

Every missed rep for Hurns means more reps for Rashawn Scott, who will ultimately be the fulltime starter IMO.

Advertisement
The SH news isnt new because we knew he would be leaving for a funeral 3 or 4 days ago. Sucks for Hurns though.

I saw that and then there were reports about him being at practice in full pads, I just think there is a ton of smoke around this guy lately

How can everybody on here be hating on SH?

He's had two friends pass away and then he was in a car accident all within the past two weeks, and you're all whining that he isn't back at fall camp yet? You think he's lying about being at funerals and getting into a car accident? GTFO. You guys better be ****ed at him when he's out there on Saturday afternoon mauling people for your favorite team.

How can everybody on here be hating on SH?

He's had two friends pass away and then he was in a car accident all within the past two weeks, and you're all whining that he isn't back at fall camp yet? You think he's lying about being at funerals and getting into a car accident? GTFO. You guys better be ****ed at him when he's out there on Saturday afternoon mauling people for your favorite team.
Not sure if serious....

I don't care who starts, I want to see adjustments though. Typically, arrogance loses a game for a coach. If Flowers is getting owned, sit his *** and put in SH. I like AG as a coach and for the culture change, but if he doesn't win we are in the same boat.

Advertisement
Back