Golden Talk

Canes21

Junior
Banned
It's been too quiet with the Golden talk the last few days. I am used to seeing "mopes" and "slurpers" out every day going back and forth. I know I have been accused of being a slurper because I defend the staff at times, but I am not naive and realize Golden has not proven anything here. He didn't deserve to coach this season, yet he is here and that means I will root for him to do well. I am not rooting for him because I am an Al Golden fan, I am rooting for him because I'd rather be proven wrong and see the guy adapt and become a winner here rather than being right and have us get a new coach in and start over again.

I know a lot of people here think Al misses on a lot of recruits, and I agree there are some guys that leave you baffled that we didn't even offer, but I also believe that the roster we had last year and the roster we have this year are two of the best rosters we've had since 2005. They might even be the two best. Kaaya is elite and makes the offense deadly. The defense has a lot of talent throughout out, but they still aren't getting enough free reign. When we've gone aggressive we've seen the potential of this team. Look at the first 3 quarters against Nebraska when the coaching staff actually let the guys go out there and play and have fun.

Here is where I think Golden really needs to change and change right now or he should not be the head coach next year(of course he shouldn't have been this year based off his 4 seasons, but the admin here is a joke). Firstly, I hate listening to his speeches most of the time. I am happy we're 3-0 and held on to beat Nebraska and I realize the the officiating was awful and assisted Nebraska in their comeback, and the coaches made a lot of boneheaded decisions to let them have a chance, but when Al gets the team quiet and the first thing he says is give Nebraska credit, my heart sank. The team needed to be torn up at that point. Win or not, that was an awful 4th quarter by all involved and Al needed to be heated and rip everyone, not give credit to an average team that should have lost 49-17.

Following off of that, in his pregame speech he is saying the team needs to love each other, stick together, and go out their and play together. I get it, make the team feel like one big brotherhood, but he needs to be telling them to make this the worst day of the other team's lives. We don't need to give them credit, say what they're good at, tell the team to love one another. No, tell them we're going to show them they aren't as good as they think, that they made a mistake coming to Miami.

Al lacks the aggression needed in this city. I'm not going to get into his interviews and whatever he says to the media. Coaches always use coach speak and that is that. I won't buy into anything he says in an interview or post game show. From what I have seen, Al needs to get more cutthroat. We all know these players can ball out and if given the aggression, they will thrive. This is a roster that should be setting goals for the playoffs, but here we are hoping we can win the **** Coastal division.

I will give credit to the staff when they deserve it. They deserve credit for the first 3 quarters of the game, they also deserve credit for the collapse. I want to see the staff grow and become winners. Become winners and become cutthroat. That is how you win the fanbase over. I don't want to see pictures of D'Ono and get ****ed off with how dumb he looks in every photo and how soft our defenses are. I want us to look at pictures of his dumb face and say "this guy looks like a dumbass Jersean, but his defenses are hard".

I tend to be more optimistic than most and I do believe coaches can grow on the job, but last season's collapse nearly kills all of my hope for the staff. Seeing the aggression last week helped me gain some back and think this staff can learn to be winners here, but the 4th quarter took a lot of it away at the same time. If we show aggression against Cinci and actually play aggressive and dominate all game, that will be a good sign, but it's still a weak team we should beat easily. It'll be a nice sign that maybe the staff is realizing the soft conservative BS doesn't work here and hopefully that will lead them to stick with it and we'll come out guns blazing and abuse FSU's **** poor offensive line and just show them we're Miami and they're going to be our ***** like it should be.

It's ACC championship or bust for Al in my opinion and for us to do that, the staff needs to learn that we're going to make everyone our ***** and show them that we will determine how the game is played each week. If we can do that, that will mean the staff finally learned and we can win. If we can't, get this staff out of town and find someone who will.

Advertisement
post-650-0-39675800-1337307830.jpg

tl;dr Where's all the Golden talk the last few days? It's been too quiet. And I think we need to see all out aggressiveness against Cincy and have the staff learn to make every team fear our aggression. That's the only way to win the ACC, which if we don't win the ACC, Al doesn't deserve to be back next year(not that he deserved to be back this year).

Last edited:
After watching the first 4 weeks, I do not see a team we shouldn't be able to hang with or beat in the ACC. Unfortunately we have seen this with Al long enough to know, when all the chips are down and it's make or brake..... He brakes.
The team gets up 20 points and he is calling off the attack when he needs to get his team to play against perfection... He won't tho, we know that much

Advertisement
After watching the first 4 weeks, I do not see a team we shouldn't be able to hang with or beat in the ACC. Unfortunately we have seen this with Al long enough to know, when all the chips are down and it's make or brake..... He brakes.
The team gets up 20 points and he is calling off the attack when he needs to get his team to play against perfection... He won't tho, we know that much

Problem is with this weak *** schedule we have, Al could very likely skate into an 8-9 win season and save his job. I have a feeling we will be complaining about the same **** this time next year.

Problem is with this weak *** schedule we have, Al could very likely skate into an 8-9 win season and save his job. I have a feeling we will be complaining about the same **** this time next year.

I don't. It's kind of obvious he and his family want out of Miami as much as we want him out. He gets 8-9 wins and a viable team has an opening, his agent will be on the phone so fast and we will all win

I don't. It's kind of obvious he and his family want out of Miami as much as we want him out. He gets 8-9 wins and a viable team has an opening, his agent will be on the phone so fast and we will all win

Best case scenario. Golden gets us to the ACC title game (LOL, yeah that's going to happen), then gets hired on at Rutgers/Illinois/etc.. Meanwhile, we find our next coach.

Advertisement

Best case scenario. Golden gets us to the ACC title game (LOL, yeah that's going to happen), then gets hired on at Rutgers/Illinois/etc.. Meanwhile, we find our next coach.

Agree

OP,

Al is who he is he will Never Change he's just not a good fit at Miami maybe somewhere else up North but he's not a Miami guy.

That might actually happen

Like others have said, I think Al is going to be out one way or the other if he wins or loses. He doesn't want to put up with this fanbase anymore, then we
want to put up with him.

But, another big concern is who are we going to hire next, given this administration's competence. I can only hope Blake James has a real plan or some small set of balls.

Advertisement
Like others have said, I think Al is going to be out one way or the other if he wins or loses. He doesn't want to put up with this fanbase anymore, then we
want to put up with him.

But, another big concern is who are we going to hire next, given this administration's competence. I can only hope Blake James has a real plan or some small set of balls.

Hope- Butch
Expect - Crisabol

I don't know if he leaves if we have a good year. The team will only be better next year and Kaaya is a special talent.

I don't see him jumping ship for Illinois or any other job except maybe Rutgers

He would have took just about any job after last year had it been offered.
If the team has a good year he will get offered Rutgers job.. Or another b10 job and be gone

Advertisement
Tried to read post but I can't take that much Al any more. He needs to go. He believes in everyone being the same person every day. He is the same coach every day and that coach sucks. He is not going to change.

want to put up with him.

Hope- Butch
Expect - Crisabol

If it's the second, shoot me now.

Advertisement
Back