Golden recruiting like he expects santions to be lifted.

Odin

Junior
This class looks like it will be well over 20 and we have only about 15 Srs on scholarship.We also have very little dead weight left on the team.Can't see how we make room if we also need to self impose a few in this class.

Advertisement
we will always have guys leave....depending on how Kayaa does you could see Crow and Olsen seek shelter and that doesn't even mention others that might leave.

Agree with 112. With this much talent, kids are going to leave after summer camp, and we won't play with 85. Crow is a no-brainer. At least one or two others buried in the depth chart will go that route. And there's always a Vernon Davis / Lockhart type who knows they can start elsewhere, and isn't willing to wait a year or two for the chance to start at Miami.

I for one hope Crow will not only stay but we should encourage him to stay. He's been all Cane from the get go. Let him get his degree and have a fan forever.

This class looks like it will be well over 20 and we have only about 15 Srs on scholarship.We also have very little dead weight left on the team.Can't see how we make room if we also need to self impose a few in this class.

I believe that they want to have the majority of the class setup prior to the season beginning. The last 6 to 8 guys can come during and after the season... This saves a bunch of time and effort during to season to focus on actual football. I also believe we had some recruiting restrictions limiting visits during games, etc.

Advertisement
I for one hope Crow will not only stay but we should encourage him to stay. He's been all Cane from the get go. Let him get his degree and have a fan forever.

I think AG said it in a presser once....every program needs kids to shovel the coal. People often don't realize that players not on the field during games, especially QBs, often have things that they do during games. Send in signals from the sideline. Chart plays. Play certain roles in practice. Be a tackling dummy. Whatever. No program is going to have 4 or 5 elite QBs on the roster, because they'll just transfer out when it's clear they aren't going to play. If Crow is willing to play his role, and the coaches need him, then I hope he stays.

I think AG said it in a presser once....every program needs kids to shovel the coal. People often don't realize that players not on the field during games, especially QBs, often have things that they do during games. Send in signals from the sideline. Chart plays. Play certain roles in practice. Be a tackling dummy. Whatever. No program is going to have 4 or 5 elite QBs on the roster, because they'll just transfer out when it's clear they aren't going to play. If Crow is willing to play his role, and the coaches need him, then I hope he stays.

Couldn't agree more. The grass isn't always greener. It seems like Crow has a good head on his shoulders and has a good camp (family) as well, they aren't boosting his ego telling him that he could be handed the keys to another team if he transfers. Guy is the definition of a Cane and the word commitment. If we could actually beat down the bum *** teams we play and hold 3 score leads then Crow would be able to get a lot of reps in games. But since we haven't been administering beat downs our 3rd stringers don't get to play a lot.

There is attrition every year, it's inevitable. Plus there will be some guys that leave early for the League that you don't expect to.

Advertisement
We go through this numbers worrying game every year. EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

Numbers have a way of working themselves out.

Yep I look at Dorsey. Was a smart QB in college unfortunately it didn't transition for him in the pros. Now look at him... He's one of the up and coming coaches in the NFL and did wonders with Cam Newton this past season.

Advertisement
barring injury, duke is gone. barring injury, duke will get over 1000 and have a good year. again, all depends on "barring injury". no way, if he stays healthy and play in every game, that he doesn't have a big year and doesn't turn pro.

We have 13 seniors on scholarship.

Better talent on scholie! This is why I say we will be better. The better the talent, the more competitive the practices. With every player at all positions battling hard to get and "stay" on the field it makes for really good football teams. Beat Louisville and Nebraska and our recruiting class will fill out nicely.

Advertisement
flowers is gone prob. wouldnt be surprised if tracy considers it. he was robbed for all acc, he played well.

barring injury, duke is gone. barring injury, duke will get over 1000 and have a good year. again, all depends on "barring injury". no way, if he stays healthy and play in every game, that he doesn't have a big year and doesn't turn pro.

I think Tracy Howard will be gone too if he has a great year. he is working his tail off and i think he knows if he is shutdown he could be drafted in the 3rd round.

Advertisement
Back