Golden Post game

Advertisement
He's the right man in the right place at the right time.

I do think we ought to dangle some money to keep him though.

All the talk is that PSU is going to go hard at taking him away.
Dunno.....

Advertisement
No one cares that he is happy cause we lost by less this year than last year so he sees it as progress?

Ummm....... Yeah they do. We still make mistakes (penalties and turnovers) and what has been a big improvement this year special teams got outplayed big time. But we never gave up, played one of our best defensive games of the year, moved the ball on offense and beat them three of the four quarters. That is progress and it will continue to be made.

Advertisement
There's plenty wrong with the Morris package. Makes zero sense to take the ball out of Jacory's hands. I can't believe people are defending its existence.

Advertisement
There's plenty wrong with the Morris package. Makes zero sense to take the ball out of Jacory's hands. I can't believe people are defending its existence.

Care to elaborate? I see nothing wrong with giving the defense another wrinkle to have to prepare for or giving Morris some gametime snaps. At the very least, we're going to be one injury away from him starting next season. I do have a prob
lem with Fischer using him as early and often as he did, as I think it prevented Jacory from getting in a rhythm early on. I also don't like the designed QB runs. Morris isn't Vince Young, let him run the offense.

Care to elaborate? I see nothing wrong with giving the defense another wrinkle to have to prepare for or giving Morris some gametime snaps. At the very least, we're going to be one injury away from him starting next season. I do have a prob
lem with Fischer using him as early and often as he did, as I think it prevented Jacory from getting in a rhythm early on. I also don't like the designed QB runs. Morris isn't Vince Young, let him run the offense.

I could see giving Morris some snaps if Jacory wasn't playing well. You're trying to beat your arch-rival, not prepare a kid who might be the starter next season.

What upsets me is that we used the Morris package against Duke and it nearly resulted in a long TD to Benjamin. He ran the ball a couple times and then caught everyone off-guard when he actually threw the ball. Why not save the package for FSU? Instead, FSU was able to gameplan for it and would not be surprised if Morris didn't run the option and chose to throw instead.

Advertisement
I could see giving Morris some snaps if Jacory wasn't playing well. You're trying to beat your arch-rival, not prepare a kid who might be the starter next season.

What upsets me is that we used the Morris package against Duke and it nearly resulted in a long TD to Benjamin. He ran the ball a couple times and then caught everyone off-guard when he actually threw the ball. Why not save the package for FSU? Instead, FSU was able to gameplan for it and would not be surprised if Morris didn't run the option and chose to throw instead.

I was surprised we didn't test them deep with Morris. I seem to remember FSU sticking 8-9 in the box on several occasions when he was in the game...thought we could have hit them for a big gain with a well designed playaction.

This. We ran right into 9 man fronts on several occasions. We could have exploited that a little better I thought.

Again though, if we tackle Greg Reid/don't turn the ball over 3 times, we're not having this conversation.

I was surprised we didn't test them deep with Morris. I seem to remember FSU sticking 8-9 in the box on several occasions when he was in the game...thought we could have hit them for a big gain with a well designed playaction.

This. We ran right into 9 man fronts on several occasions. We could have exploited that a little better I thought.

Again though, if we tackle Greg Reid/don't turn the ball over 3 times, we're not having this conversation.

Advertisement
Back