Golden on WQAM: 09/30/14

Great movie.

diehard.jpg

Advertisement
guy is an idiot...they spend their time after practice during coaching meetings coming up with one liners for interviews.

Pack your bags and go home AL...take your butt ******* buddy dorito with you

Advertisement
I'm not smart enough to know if we changed anything schematically. It sure looked like we did. But if we didn't, I'm saddened because more likely than not, Duke was a fluke and we can expect more of the same.

Who gives a **** if he tells Joe Rose what he changed on defense? We all watched it and the defense played better, clearly something was changed. All we want is a good defense, I don't really care who coaches it. If this **** keeps up then Al can tell Joe Rose that he is running a 2-2-7 and I won't care. Just ******* win.

On Duke
impressed by the the way the defense rallied
had 9 or 10 PBUs
Brad Kaaya protected the ball

Did we changed things on defense?
we didnt change anything at all
we made them pay with our pressures
we tackled better

Brad Kaaya
it means alot, was in on Sunday studying film until 9pm
he's humbled and hungry
good job making decisions with the football

On injuries
both OL injuries mostly likely out vs GT
Darling, Sunny, Wells playing RT

On Yearby
Duke been a good mentor
Coley doing a good job distributing the ball
He is very patient
He was the 5th of 5 in the progression on the TD play

On Stacy Coley
He's good, ready to go
last time he dropped the ball like that he came back with the venges
we need to get him the ball
we need him to get back to being a competitor

On WRs getting more catches
Gave a great story about PD's unselfishness
PD doing a good job run blocking

On blocking out distractions
players and leaders do a great job
everything shifts very quickly
we are on in on GT vs the options
we must continue to ignore everything outside
its been a challenge

On getting ready for GT
we constantly work on getting ready for the option year round
great challenge for us

On the ACC
really see many of the other games
preparing for our games
we have to control our destiny
we are in the tournament now

You don't suppose he's talking about the FIRE AL GOLDEN movement, do you?

Banner threats? BOT complaints? Former player complaints?

Being termed Candy Canes by ESPN?

Advertisement
On Duke
impressed by the the way the defense rallied
had 9 or 10 PBUs
Brad Kaaya protected the ball

Did we changed things on defense?
we didnt change anything at all
we made them pay with our pressures
we tackled better

Brad Kaaya
it means alot, was in on Sunday studying film until 9pm
he's humbled and hungry
good job making decisions with the football

On injuries
both OL injuries mostly likely out vs GT
Darling, Sunny, Wells playing RT

On Yearby
Duke been a good mentor
Coley doing a good job distributing the ball
He is very patient
He was the 5th of 5 in the progression on the TD play

On Stacy Coley
He's good, ready to go
last time he dropped the ball like that he came back with the venges
we need to get him the ball
we need him to get back to being a competitor

On WRs getting more catches
Gave a great story about PD's unselfishness
PD doing a good job run blocking

On blocking out distractions
players and leaders do a great job
everything shifts very quickly
we are on in on GT vs the options
we must continue to ignore everything outside
its been a challenge

On getting ready for GT
we constantly work on getting ready for the option year round
great challenge for us

On the ACC
really see many of the other games
preparing for our games
we have to control our destiny
we are in the tournament now

You don't suppose he's talking about the FIRE AL GOLDEN movement, do you?

Banner threats? BOT complaints? Former player complaints?

Being termed Candy Canes by ESPN?

BINGO!

and you know why?? Anthony Boone SUCKS! We've seen him a couple of times and he has never been even remotely good....this team made it's hay by running running running. Who f***kin cares if AG is lying to you or the media. We all saw that they adjusted to the talent they were facing. Make Boone beat you with his arm....he actually had quite a few relatively open guys all night but just never was accurate enough to hit them. If he came out and admitted to "tweaking some things" the outcry would have been that he should be fired for NOT doing that sooner, etc.

Bottom line...you all dont like him...I dont even think I like him anymore and I backed this guy from the get-go. That said, we move forward and see what happens against a very unique opponent in GA Tech. The stadium was loud on TV and the team hopefully impressed some KEY recruits....

People care, because other idiots believe that car salesman BS. Do you know WHY people don't like Golden anymore? It's because he's continuously lying and throwing his players under the bus instead of owning up to the fact that he needed to make some changes. Disliking him and him lying are related, so yes it matters.

Advertisement
More from Barry JAckson...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

### Golden said Tyriq McCord’s performance against Duke “was his best game I thought last week. I really did. A very mature game. And it's not easy to play defensive end against these teams. These read option teams, the quarterback pulls it and he's going for 20. You have to be disciplined, pin the hips, stay square. Then there are certain downs he has to go rush the quarterback. Other times he has to cover #1 receivers on fly routes while our linebackers play nose tackle and our corners play linebacker. It's very confusing for everybody. I thought he prepared better last week than he ever has. I think his strength is up. His conditioning is the best it's been in his career.”

### Golden said Tyriq McCord’s performance against Duke “was his best game I thought last week. I really did. A very mature game. And it's not easy to play defensive end against these teams. These read option teams, the quarterback pulls it and he's going for 20. You have to be disciplined, pin the hips, stay square. Then there are certain downs he has to go rush the quarterback. Other times he has to cover #1 receivers on fly routes while our linebackers play nose tackle and our corners play linebacker. It's very confusing for everybody. I thought he prepared better last week than he ever has. I think his strength is up. His conditioning is the best it's been in his career.”

Straight from the horses mouth - the problem with the Defense that they (the G&D twins) want the players to execute.

Advertisement

Straight from the horses mouth - the problem with the Defense that they (the G&D twins) want the players to execute.

Suckaaaaa!

From watching the tape the past two nights, we really didn't change as much as I thought we did, while attending the game live. In particular, the spacing on the defensive line was quite similar to the Nebraska game on most plays. Kamulu played more often and effectively while being moved around. He was even on the nose occasionally. Basically we took advantage of Duke's young vulnerable offensive line once it was obvious they weren't going to try to push us around. Our athletes simply matched up exponentially better against Duke's guys than they did at Nebraska.

Our corners played tighter. The entire defense was obviously embarrassed and aggressive after a week of turmoil. And Cutcliffe was shockingly lacking in anything that resembled a sophisticated design. I kept laughing at all the deep sideline lobs with virtually no margin for error. In the Arkansas State game the opponent missed one wide open chance after another. This time we were prepared for cheap underneath stuff like Virginia Tech burned us with last season, and once that was taken away Cutcliffe and his limited quarterback didn't find anything that looked dependably dangerous. It was semi shocking because dating to 2009 there have always been clever wrinkles from Duke.

That spread got bet down from 7 to 5 on Saturday. I didn't have a bet on the game but I always track the progress with the number in mind. Duke was so impotent I didn't give them much chance at a backdoor cover once they fell behind 22-10.

Advertisement
Back