Golden on with Steve & Gino

wacane

Sophomore
It isnt up yet on wqam.com but i heard the interview. Pretty interesting.

-Golden said this year has been like a 15 round title fight and he's still standing. You cant knock me down.
-Touched on recruiting and depth issues. Said linebacker, wide receiver & corner are trouble spots.
-He likes to have 14 linebackers on the team and we'll have 5 come spring ball. Said that has to be fixed.
-Same thing for corner. Likes to have 12 db's on the roster and we will only have 6 or 7 in the spring.
-Said when a player goes down we need to have his backup play. Instead of having a guy switch positions to fill the spot. The example he used was.. "If your left tackle goes down then your backup left tackle needs to go in not your starting right guard" Said that should give us an idea of what they had to deal with this year depth wise.
- He again talked about strength. "we clearly need to be stronger. missing the bowl will give us 25 or 26 extra lift sessions. Obviously we're not strong enough up front on both sides of the ball"

My thoughts... he's obviously upset with the lack of strength on the team. Not sure if that means swasey is out or not. But he's putting a big emphasis on it this offseason. I really dont see coach golden leaving. I think he's too invested here and really wants to see this through. The way he talks just doesnt sound like a guy who is going anywhere anytime soon. Lastly, every indidcation he's had is that the ncaa investigation is going well and it wont be nearly as bad as some suggested. Took a swipe at wqam by saying some people "on your radio station" were talking about 12 players being out for the year and the death penalty. Thats all I got. Edit. The interview is up now.

http://wqam.com/index.php?page=347&sid=dhs4f4qjcgfk4sf4kfobnhh1ldga3c2r

Last edited:
Advertisement
thanks buddy

usually when you have so much energy and time put into something, you'll see it through because it becomes dear to you. he'll be here

Advertisement

-Golden said this year has been like a 15 round title fight and he's still standing. You cant knock me down.
-Touched on recruiting and depth issues. Said linebacker, wide receiver & corner are trouble spots.
-He likes to have 14 linebackers on the team and we'll have 5 come spring ball. Said that has to be fixed.
-Same thing for corner. Likes to have 12 db's on the roster and we will only have 6 or 7 in the spring.
-Said when a player goes down we need to have his backup play. Instead of having a guy switch positions to fill the spot. The example he used was.. "If your left tackle goes down then your backup left tackle needs to go in not your starting right guard" Said that should give us an idea of what they had to deal with this year depth wise.
- He again talked about strength. "we clearly need to be stronger. missing the bowl will give us 25 or 26 extra lift sessions. Obviously we're not strong enough up front on both sides of the ball" My thoughts... he's obviously upset with the lack of strength on the team. Not sure if that means swasey is out or not. But he's putting a big emphasis on it this offseason. I really dont see coach golden leaving. I think he's too invested here and really wants to see this through. The way he talks just doesnt sound like a guy who is going anywhere anytime soon. Lastly, every indidcation he's had is that the ncaa investigation is going well and it wont be nearly as bad as some suggested. Took a swipe at wqam by saying some people "on your radio station" were talking about 12 players being out for the year and the death penalty. Thats all I got. Edit. The interview is up now.

MY MAN!!!! FAP FAP FAP FAP

HE GETS IT MAN.

We miss 15 bowl practices? Ok no big deal..............we get 25 intense lift sessions

- He again talked about strength. "we clearly need to be stronger. missing the bowl will give us 25 or 26 extra lift sessions. Obviously we're not strong enough up front on both sides of the ball" My thoughts... he's obviously upset with the lack of strength on the team. Not sure if that means swasey is out or not. But he's putting a big emphasis on it this offseason. I really dont see coach golden leaving. I think he's too invested here and really wants to see this through. The way he talks just doesnt sound like a guy who is going anywhere anytime soon. Lastly, every indidcation he's had is that the ncaa investigation is going well and it wont be nearly as bad as some suggested. Took a swipe at wqam by saying some people "on your radio station" were talking about 12 players being out for the year and the death penalty. Thats all I got. Edit. The interview is up now.

HE GETS IT MAN.

We miss 15 bowl practices? Ok no big deal..............we get 25 intense lift sessions
My boy I havent seen 'zino this fired up in a minute

HE GETS IT MAN.

+1. I made that same point in the thread on the self-imposed bowl ban.

Also, I have to think AG notices that Fisher's already on the hot seat at FSU, and Florida's not looking like they're going anywhere anytime soon in the SEC. Golden has a clear shot to build UM into the dominant Florida program.

Advertisement

HE GETS IT MAN.

+1. I made that same point in the thread on the self-imposed bowl ban.

Also, I have to think AG notices that Fisher's already on the hot seat at FSU, and Florida's not looking like they're going anywhere anytime soon in the SEC. Golden has a clear shot to build UM into the dominant Florida program.

I know we lost 5 games this year. But **** we are talentless and were in EVERY game this year. ONE bounce in our favor here and there and our record would be nice

But **** Florida is just gonna be WOAT with Muschump at the helm. They have Weiss and Muschump, the supposed best at O and D corching 5 star talent and they are barely beating Miami Dade College

Im not even going to get into FSU, they are going to lose 4 games every year

Golden really does seem to get it on all accounts. Take away bowl practices, no worries, we'll get in the gym and get 25 extra sessions there, love it.

I wish I had a twin sister so he could bone her and I could somehow feel a tingling sensation because twins can feel what each other are feeling sometimes

Advertisement
FOURTEEN linebackers? I guess 3-4 it is?
Makes sense because of ST usage. Figure you want at least 12.

Here's the AG target roster breakdown from the sound of what he has said here and over time, IMO:

Count
DB 12
LB 14
DL 14
OL 15
TE 5
WR 10-12
RB 7-8
QB 4-5
P/K 2

Advertisement
LBs and safeties are the most usable players on the roster. In truth it's pretty amazing what they've been able to accomplish on ST with guys like Clements and Laron Byrd and Ventress running around out there instead of James Lewis and Markese Fitzgerald.

In a backhanded way he threw a couple of his own guys under the bus regarding the OL. We have backup tackles. Bunche was a guy a lot of people were high on and Ben Jones was a highly recruited guy although the objective evidence here would say that he stinks. We had the option of using those guys but we chose to kick Washington out there. That's not purely a depth issue--it's a quality issue and a choice. I'm a proponent of what he says--you don't want to hurt two positions to fill one.

Al and Coach D have said several times its gonna be a 3-4. We were playing more of a hybrid this season cause we didnt have the players he needed for there D

Bunche had played some. He replaced washington against usf when he went down for a few plays. Hopefully he steps up his game next year

LBs and safeties are the most usable players on the roster. In truth it's pretty amazing what they've been able to accomplish on ST with guys like Clements and Laron Byrd and Ventress running around out there instead of James Lewis and Markese Fitzgerald.

In a backhanded way he threw a couple of his own guys under the bus regarding the OL. We have backup tackles. Bunche was a guy a lot of people were high on and Ben Jones was a highly recruited guy although the objective evidence here would say that he stinks. We had the option of using those guys but we chose to kick Washington out there. That's not purely a depth issue--it's a quality issue and a choice. I'm a proponent of what he says--you don't want to hurt two positions to fill one.
I agree with this. I'm sure he's frustrated with depth but I'm skeptical that the OL is the right example. We had some injuries, but we have more options there than most anywhere else.

Re Ben Jones, he was oddly recruited. IIRC he had interest from LSU, but he wasn't hotly recruited. He was a big body with some athleticism. Not sure why he never turned into anything here. I recall being skeptical of him as a prospect when that class signed.

Advertisement
Back