Golden on Joe Rose

Considering the recruiting fail at DT in 2013, now would be the time to move Jelani inside.

No rush. We could use more bulk at DE to help stop the run. Let him stay at DE and provide that help until he just completely outgrows the position.

Advertisement
Considering the recruiting fail at DT in 2013, now would be the time to move Jelani inside.

No rush. We could use more bulk at DE to help stop the run. Let him stay at DE and provide that help until he just completely outgrows the position.

I want to agree with you and feel like it's the right answer, however if DT is his position for the future move him now and get him some experience there during a redshirt year. There have been many that have said he doesn't have the lower body to transition to DT, but if he's already around 280 I'm seeing a kid that can put on the bulk and be a situational DT/3-4 DE when we go to odd man fronts.

- I've been marked down as the "surprised guy" if Erek Flowers really is backing up someone at the beginning of the season. I just find it hard to believe Bunche will outplay him consistently going forward.

- I've consistently said that Hamilton will be close to 290 by the start of the season. If he really plays DE for the rest of his time here, I guess he'll be the biggest DE we've ever had at Miami. He'll be a 300+ pound DE by his last season. If we're going 3-4, ok. If we do what we did last year, that's fairly odd.

As long as he retains his explosive first step, he'll be OK.

Hamilton? He's never been a prototypical edge guy. He's a 5-tech who, frankly, was probably best suited to have RS'd last year and allowed to develop into whatever he's going to eventually become (maybe a 3).

I don't think he's ever even played the edge. At STA he was a 3-4 DE. I'm not even sure if he has the bend and/or hips desired to play the edge. He's definitely got the length you'd like to have out there but I'm not sure if he's got the bend.

Advertisement
Back