Golden on Joe Rose

Problem2

All-American
Premium
http://wqam.com/

-Important for Coley to put own stamp on offense, he's changed some. Brought a couple of new plays with him, but players don't have to learn entirely new offense.
-Impressed with Coley and Scott as coaches, and recruiting
-Griffin like Streeter, X reciever, red zone threat. Might grow into a Jimmy Graham type
-Elder shows toughness, from a great school
-Recruiting is just as important when looking at coaches, but can't be one or the other. Scott has a ton of expierence in recruiting, but also has great ideas in coaching
-Coley was doing great job at FSU, wanted him to come here. Part of "war for talent" is getting a guy like Coley
-Ereck Flowers playing the best of any OL
-McDermott being out has given Wheeler and Knighton a chance to learn position
-Linder "nicked up", but Isadora has come in and has done a great job with body. Has lost 30 pounds since coming in.
-Feliciano has had great offseason
-Best stretch that Seantrel has had
-Very excited about OL
-Porter is steady and consistent, need him. Has really improved approach
-Chickillo in 270's, Hamilton in 280's
-Pierre has had great offseason
-Luther Robinson has come on in last few practices
-Expects to be much improved with everyone coming back, with strength gain, new guys. Not throwing them into the fire anymore
-Lewis should be cleared fully by May/June, has progressed well in his rehab
-Depth chart in spring is all what have you done for me lately, trying to create competitive environment
-It's working, Flowers doesn't want to be second string, not taking no for answer. Pushes guys like Bunche to go harder
-The most fun he has had so far in his career here
-"not a lot of list guys" anymore
-Cleveland, Walford, Sandland, Standish, O'Donnell providing great competition at TE
-Of course he feels different about team and defense. Guys like McCord been in weight room all offseason, Kirby, Bush, Jenkins, Ivery, King, Howard, Moore, Hamilton, Terry, Ambrister all have gone through a season now. Expects defense to be really improved
-Way they ran offense affects the defense. Wants to give Duke the ball. Singled out Crawford and Dillard as having great offseasons.
-Team is just having fun

Dude sounded really, really pumped about this team. Me likey

Advertisement
I just pray that Dorito/Golden put the defense in a position to succeed because this offense should be lethal.

- I've been marked down as the "surprised guy" if Erek Flowers really is backing up someone at the beginning of the season. I just find it hard to believe Bunche will outplay him consistently going forward.

- I've consistently said that Hamilton will be close to 290 by the start of the season. If he really plays DE for the rest of his time here, I guess he'll be the biggest DE we've ever had at Miami. He'll be a 300+ pound DE by his last season. If we're going 3-4, ok. If we do what we did last year, that's fairly odd.

Considering the recruiting fail at DT in 2013, now would be the time to move Jelani inside.

- I've been marked down as the "surprised guy" if Erek Flowers really is backing up someone at the beginning of the season. I just find it hard to believe Bunche will outplay him consistently going forward.

- I've consistently said that Hamilton will be close to 290 by the start of the season. If he really plays DE for the rest of his time here, I guess he'll be the biggest DE we've ever had at Miami. He'll be a 300+ pound DE by his last season. If we're going 3-4, ok. If we do what we did last year, that's fairly odd.

Have you ever opined on the possibility of us shifting to more 3-4 looks in the future, Lu?

Advertisement
Considering the recruiting fail at DT in 2013, now would be the time to move Jelani inside.

Yep. Unless they are going to use a lot more 3-4, you'd have to wonder what the point was in letting him get up to 280 if they don't have any plans on moving him to DT.

Get Some!!!

171.jpg

Have you ever opined on the possibility of us shifting to more 3-4 looks in the future, Lu?

Nope. I simply have no idea what their plan is for the defense. We run a shell 4-3 now but ask weak DL to play contain, show our coverage and then don't move. The only thing I've said is that, D'Ono doesn't yet have the horses to do what he seemingly wants to do. However, supporting our DEs getting into the high 280s+ seems to indicate we'll be in a hybrid.

This is a live shot from one of our games last year:

Advertisement
-Luther Robinson has come on in last few practices

Please based god. If he can come on strong to go along with Porter, Pierre and Moore or another one of our youngn's, this defense can do some things.

Flowers is a beast, Bunche will be the swing tackle this year, mark it down.

Great news on Malcolm, really hope he can come back strong. Love our Receiving corp going into next year, this offense should explosive.

Advertisement
Same thing has with Shantard... why would you play defense and let the other team KNOW what you are gonna do before the snap? That is just asking to get picked apart. It's one thing if you have a team that is an ALL-PRO squad and it doesn't matter what you do, the team can just dominate.

But, that is rarely the case. Our guys either haven't been able to guard receivers, stop the run, rush the passer, or all of the above. They have been outmanned at multiple positions on defense. We have made horrific qbs look fantastic because we take the mental aspect out of the picture. They can get a read on what's happening before the snap and we don't ever change that.

I've always been a proponent of changing things up, disguising coverages and blitzing more often. Give the qbs less time to think and react. The ACC offenses are horrible. Just flat out the truth. They stink. Clemson is an exception, sometimes FSU. Our offense had sparks with Fisch. But in general, our defense should be top 10, purely because we play hot garbage. That makes last year's defensive numbers even more apocraphyl.

There are plenty of teams with worse talent that we have on defense. Yet, they can stop the run somewhat. Whether it's because of DL stunts, or LB blitzes, or changing things up.... you can't just go 4-3 and show everything when you are outmanned. That's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Last edited:
Same thing has with Shantard... why would you play defense and let the other team KNOW what you are gonna do before the snap? That is just asking to get picked apart. It's one thing if you have a team that is an ALL-PRO squad and it doesn't matter what you do, the team can just dominate.

But, that is rarely the case. Our guys either haven't been able to guard receivers, stop the run, rush the passer, or all of the above. They have been outmanned at multiple positions on defense. We have made horrific qbs look fantastic because we take the mental aspect out of the picture. They can get a read on what's happening before the snap and we don't ever change that.

I've always been a proponent of changing things up, disguising coverages and blitzing more often. Give the qbs less time to think and react. The ACC offenses are horrible. Just flat out the truth. They stink. Clemson is an exception, sometimes FSU. Our offense had sparks with Fisch. But in general, our defense should be top 10, purely because we play hot garbage. That makes last year's defensive numbers even more apocraphyl.

There are plenty of teams with worse talent that we have on defense. Yet, they can stop the run somewhat. Whether it's because of DL stunts, or LB blitzes, or changing things up.... you can't just go 4-3 and show everything when you are outmanned. That's like shooting fish in a barrel.

22 True Sophomores or younger were in the two deep on defense last season. Please explain how Coach D was supposed to do all of this stunting when most of the players were just trying to get lined up properly???

You admit the defense was "outmanned" and that was due to youth and inexperience. You can't make chicken out of chicken ****...

Now that the entire defensive two deep is a year older, stronger, and more experienced I expect the playbook to be opened up and those plays to be better disguised. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Also, please name all of these teams who stopped the run with worse talent who had 22 true sophomores or younger in their two deep, I'll wait...

Advertisement
I think D'Onofrio wants to do some different things but he may not feel confident with his personnel, whether it be because of talent or because of inexperience.

I've seen us show man-press coverage pre-snap but play zone after the snap. I've seen us blitz inside backers and roll the safety down to replace. I've seen us run stunts on the D-line. I've seen us send corners and safeties on blitzes.

I can understand how difficult D'Onofrio's job can be at times. Majority of the kids Miami recruits come from programs who don't really run diverse defensive packages. If you're recruiting a CB from South FLA, fuggedaboutit! He knows nothing but man-press cause that's all they preach down here. These kids aren't taught the details of zone coverage.

With that being said, man-press is a great coverage scheme if you got the horses. (and you better get to the QB)

As long as he retains his explosive first step, he'll be OK.

As long as he retains his explosive first step, he'll be OK.

Hamilton? He's never been a prototypical edge guy. He's a 5-tech who, frankly, was probably best suited to have RS'd last year and allowed to develop into whatever he's going to eventually become (maybe a 3).

Advertisement
Back