Golden is a recruiting master...

canesman

Junior
However, I wonder if he is rethinking his strategy of taking early commits of Mayes, Turner and Gray before their senior seasons?

Either way...Al is the best recruiter this school has ever had...PERIOD

Advertisement
Why would he re-think that strategy if he believes they're good enough to play at Miami?

Advertisement
Al doesn't regret **** ever. He will find those kids another school if bigger fish come along unless he really believes in them. Plus your thinking this is a game of checkers while Al is playing chess. He is showing all other classes from 2014 on get on board early or this train will leave you where you stand.

Al is a great recruiter considering the circumstances (not just the NCAA but us coming off of not so great seasons) but THE absolute best recruiter of all time for Miami was

Howard Schnellenberger

he recruited a NC team when Miami was one of the weakest program during that time.

he set the foundation for Al right now to be able to leverage it and get recruits

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1536867 said:
STFU.

Golden is the best recruiter in the country. We win 9-10 games and this **** is over.

ACCCG appearance 9-3 or 10-2 and Golden will sign a top 3 class. Best momentum we have had in 10 years. The schedule is set up perfectly this season. 10-2 is my prediction and if we can upset Clemson or FSU in the ACCCG then forget about it he will sign the number 1 class this season. SFL kids like Cook, Moten, Lammons, and maybe even Lane (doubtful) will hop on the bandwagon..

However, I wonder if he is rethinking his strategy of taking early commits of Mayes, Turner and Gray before their senior seasons?

Butch, Jimmy, Howard... Golden has a few more years before you can call him the best ever at miami. there have been some good ones.

And how does the OP know where these recruits stand on their board? Oh right, he doesn't. All those guys were offered because the coaches evaluated them (remember, they've had a couple years down here now) and thought they were worthy of a scholarship offer. IMO, Mayes and Gray have great potential.

Advertisement

Big fingers. Wanted to neg but liked

There's something to be said for making a detailed plan and then using intense work-ethic while executing that plan.

I think many of us here could learn something by watching coach Golden and his staff execute their recruiting strategy.

Golden is a recruiting master...

5 months after he was a recruiting disaster.

As the World Turns on CIS.

His coaching recruitment has me most tumescent, all things considered.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1536867 said:
STFU.

Golden is the best recruiter in the country. We win 9-10 games and this **** is over.

ACCCG appearance 9-3 or 10-2 and Golden will sign a top 3 class. Best momentum we have had in 10 years. The schedule is set up perfectly this season. 10-2 is my prediction and if we can upset Clemson or FSU in the ACCCG then forget about it he will sign the number 1 class this season. SFL kids like Cook, Moten, Lammons, and maybe even Lane (doubtful) will hop on the bandwagon..

...or not.

Advertisement
Back