Golden did a fine job securing most of the best from the tri

Advertisement
People are gonna go crazy expecting every kid from Dade/Broward to commit. Some are gonna go to FSU, some to Bama, some to LSU.... even in our very, very best years that was the case, even an elite superstar like Bowe or Peterson-Johnson every now and again. Like AG said, just gotta make sure we get the right ones.

Not every SFL kid with 4-stars next to his name is going to be a big time college player. In the same way we need AG and staff to unearth some finds, we also need them to see which kids are overhyped.

There are going to be kids that we pass on that are highly rated, like the beach kid who went to Auburn.

Something to think about when you judge how we did locally. Look at who we recruit hard, not internet star lists.

Advertisement
Given that we are looking at 17 - 20 total in the 2013 class, it seems inevitable that other programs will land high caliber south Florida kids.

Advertisement
People are gonna go crazy expecting every kid from Dade/Broward to commit. Some are gonna go to FSU, some to Bama, some to LSU.... even in our very, very best years that was the case, even an elite superstar like Bowe or Peterson-Johnson every now and again. Like AG said, just gotta make sure we get the right ones.

+1.

Even when Schnelly created the "State of Miami" from Orlando down south, he said we could never get "all" the kids to stay home.

We have to evaluate carefully given what is likely to be limited numbers, and get the right kids.

So far it looks lke th staff is holding off offering just anyone. I anticipate I to stay this way unil the golden camp. Which by the way I believe needs a catchy name.

Agreed. A name change is definitely necessary! I have always for some reason visioned AG as the Ringmaster of a circus, with his rosie cheecks and all. Advertise Auditions to join the greatest show on turf!
So far it looks lke th staff is holding off offering just anyone. I anticipate I to stay this way unil the golden camp. Which by the way I believe needs a catchy name.

I respect what he's accomplishing but the al golden summer football camp needs a catchy name. Ala Friday nights lights. Seminole showdown., Rising stars. Somewhere along those lines. Somethings that's alludes excitement. Leverage Lebron's catch phrase "taking my talents to south beach"

Advertisement
If UF and FSU really want to hit SFL, this is the year to do it. We'll be signing a smaller class and SFL looks to be much better this year in terms of quality of talent.

If UF and FSU really want to hit SFL, this is the year to do it. We'll be signing a smaller class and SFL looks to be much better this year in terms of quality of talent.

And as of right now, Florida seems to be sticking with kids around their area.

Advertisement
I respect what he's accomplishing but the al golden summer football camp needs a catchy name. Ala Friday nights lights. Seminole showdown., Rising stars. Somewhere along those lines. Somethings that's alludes excitement. Leverage Lebron's catch phrase "taking my talents to south beach"

South Beach (insert one of the following here)

Shootout
Showdown
HoFest
SwagTown
Excellence Camp for Young Men

South Beach (insert one of the following here)

Shootout
Showdown
HoFest
SwagTown
Excellence Camp for Young Men

THIS

Advertisement
Back