Golden & Coley summed up by former UGA LB Coach Mike Ekeler

sitzee

Freshman
“People talk about hiring great recruiters; I think that’s an absolute joke. If you’re labeled that, 99 percent of the time that means you can’t coach a lick. That’s a fact."

That Quote couldn't be more true regarding Golden, and Coley...

How Golden is regarded as a good coach in some circles is beyond me? I mean he's got to be the worst 2nd half coach in the FBS, how many times did we get blown out after half time? Golden was responsible for our Special teams and that unit was a joke...

As for an Offensive Coordinator, well I believe most of us feel the same way, and that is he was over his head in this role...
AS a QB coach Coley did a nice job with Kaaya, and Rosier.. We all know about Kaaya and his accomplishments but Rosier was a question mark. In Rosier's first and only start, Coley had him prepared and he looked like a decent QB... Give Coley credit for finding Rosier because he didn't receive any offers from any major college...

Advertisement
“People talk about hiring great recruiters; I think that’s an absolute joke. If you’re labeled that, 99 percent of the time that means you can’t coach a lick. That’s a fact."

How Golden is regarded as a good coach in some circles is beyond me? I mean he's got to be the worst 2nd half coach in the FBS, how many times did we get blown out after half time? Golden was responsible for our Special teams and that unit was a joke...

As for an Offensive Coordinator, well I believe most of us feel the same way, and that is he was over his head in this role...
AS a QB coach Coley did a nice job with Kaaya, and Rosier.. We all know about Kaaya and his accomplishments but Rosier was a question mark. In Rosier's first and only start, Coley had him prepared and he looked like a decent QB... Give Coley credit for finding Rosier because he didn't receive any offers from any major college...
Rosier would start for half the programs in D1

Advertisement

Rosier would start for half the programs in D1

Yes and I credit Coley for seeing it when not many D1 coaches did . Rosier is good but not UM level good , a great back up nonetheless.

I think one thing that's going to become clearer and clearer with each commitment and game won is that what we came to accept as "good" from the prior staff is just not good enough. I know a lot of us felt that and knew it deep down, but it's all going to get more defined each and every day.

[MENTION=9044]bigsky[/MENTION]Cane posted this excerpt in the other Ekeler thread yesterday.

Advertisement
Back