Golden & Beamer Want 9 Game ACC Schedule, Others Don't.

I doubt you would get a situation where FSU and UM aren't able to play in the ACCCG.

Personally, i would rather be in the same division as them.

I don't care either way but I doubt the ACC would ever put us both in the same division. One of us is getting fcuked when ND comes in full time.

Depends on what team the ACC adds to even out the conferences, but I'd wager ND is going to be in the same division as us.

I agree.

There really isn't a team on ND's level that would be able to come in to the other division and even it out. All those teams are firmly entrenched in conferences already.

Advertisement
I still like the idea of getting rid of the divisions, keeping 3 permanent opponents and rotating everyone else. That means every team keeps annual rivalries they really want and play the rest every other year, which is still pretty frequent. And that is assuming 8 games. There would be no need for 9 games with that system. Tiebreakers for ACC Championship would be AP ranking.

Also, any player that stays 4 years gets the chance to play every school in the ACC both home and away at some point in his career. I think it's unfortunate that the guys currently on the roster will never get to experience playing at Death Valley.

Last edited:
I agree.

There really isn't a team on ND's level that would be able to come in to the other division and even it out. All those teams are firmly entrenched in conferences already.

The only one I could imagine would be Texas, considering the ACC wouldn't care about getting a penny from the Longhorn Network the same way they gave Notre Dame and NBC a cherry deal.

I think it's unfortunate that the guys currently on the roster will never get to experience playing at Death Valley.

274.gif

Our D in Death Valley? Traumatizing...

If you go to 9 ACC games then all the other major conferences need to do the same. Will limit Gators to Eastern Kentucky, Eastern Michigan and FSU. Cidital, Idaho State and Georgia State would be SOL.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back