Golden 11-15 press conf

Advertisement
SFla avg 400+ yards per game, DL might be strength of the team
Futch dehydrated, seems like he's fine
Porter practiced today.
Chickillo, Dorsett, Crawford, and Grimble are all kids that can be leaders in the future.
RRA is back but won't start
Can't get games back; mentioned Ed Reed's speech before Maryland when he said he never wanted to leave
Ojomo doing well inside, did it for the team, tough transition to move to DT in season
Daniels running and throwing is a challenge, big kid, tough to bring down
Running QBs have been trouble; didn't stop the 1st two, slowed one down last time; has their attention
Defense is improving, strong in red zone and 3rd down vs FSU but didn't take ball away
SFla really balanced offensively

Also from Ojomo inteview:
He considers himself a Sr. Will know in 2 or 3 weeks whether he will get a medical for his RS Fr year when he had a groin issue.

Can someone tell me why Ojomo needs a medical for his redshirt frosh year instead of the season where he was out due to the broken jaw? Is there some rule that says in order to "play" 6 years, BOTH years must be lost to injury? That does not seem correct.

Advertisement
Can someone tell me why Ojomo needs a medical for his redshirt frosh year instead of the season where he was out due to the broken jaw? Is there some rule that says in order to "play" 6 years, BOTH years must be lost to injury? That does not seem correct.

I believe ace said you need 2 years out with injuries. You can't have a regular RS and then have a medical one, both need to be medical.

I believe ace said you need 2 years out with injuries. You can't have a regular RS and then have a medical one, both need to be medical.
I think the point is you always have to apply for a sixth year. It might be close to a no-brainer if you miss two seasons entirely, but it's still an application. There's nothing different here. In cases where one of the missed years was a so-called 'medical redshirt', the NCAA may assess how serious the injury was, not sure. But keep in mind, the NCAA had to 'grant' the redshirt in respect of the year you played a few games before getting injured, already. So all you're really doing is asking for another, no matter whether the first redshirt year was as of right or by application.

Advertisement
Back