Going to Miami @ FSU!!

bdesing4

Recruit
Going to first Canes game & Driving from Tennessee to Tallahassee and was wondering if anybody had Intel on places to stay that weekend??!!

Advertisement
I heard Tallahassee only had trailer parks so check Trivago and find one closest to a bar! lol

On a serious note, I can check with my brother as he lives there for some reason.

I got a nice place a mile from the stadium through Airbnb. There was actually a place on campus but they wanted over 1k. I got two nights for 600 and change.

Last edited:
There are a lot of places in Tallahassee to stay, but from past experience, they are all already full. You'll probably have to stay at least 30-40 miles away.

Advertisement
I lived in Tally for about 10 years and grew up about 40 minutes west of the city. Most cities jack up their hoteI prices during tourist season or during the holidays. Tally jacks up their prices during football season. I would suggest staying in a little town called Midway. It is right off of Interstate 10, about 6 miles outside of Tallahassee.

Get something near I-10 off thomasville road. It's nicer side of town. You take thomasville road straight down to Monroe. Take left. Then take right on Tennessee to get down to stadium.

Island Wing Co is near there. Very good sports bar

And it's easy from TN whether you come through Birmingham or Chattanooga

Also, if you're coming through GA, get off interstate in Tifton and take hay down through thomasville GA.

Advertisement
There is also a Dennys in midway and the gas is cheaper. They haven't figured out what these things called street lights are yet though so be careful driving back at night.

Going to first Canes game & Driving from Tennessee to Tallahassee and was wondering if anybody had Intel on places to stay that weekend??!!

I've gone the last 6 times or so that we play there. I tend to go up to Tampa and go to Bern's stakehouse the night before, get drinks and hang there the night before and drive up the morning of the game. Not that this helps you at all. Enjoy the game.

The one time I attended this game,the awful 10-7 game in '05, drove down from Atlanta and stayed in Thomasville, GA. I couldn't get a hotel in Tally, it's not a bad drive.

I would recommend staying closer to the hotels by I-10. Exit 209 is east of town but off Mahan Drive which is a 15-20 minute drive from the stadium.

Advertisement
Get something near I-10 off thomasville road. It's nicer side of town. You take thomasville road straight down to Monroe. Take left. Then take right on Tennessee to get down to stadium.

Also, if you're coming through GA, get off interstate in Tifton and take hay down through thomasville GA.

I'm coming from Ga. so get off 75 at tifton and take hay? What's hay?

I'm coming from Ga. so get off 75 at tifton and take hay? What's hay?

Exit 99 GA 300 S. Through Thomasville. You'll change roads around thomasville

Another good route from Atlanta is taking the hwy that goes through Columbus near ft. Benning

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back