Going price for portal qb (according to matt rhule)

Advertisement
“Yesterday price is not todays price “ -Fat Joe

1701296099466.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I assume we are playing the game better this and proactively back channeling like a mutha instead of just waiting for kids to formally announce they are entering the portal.

Advertisement
If you’re a good player, why wouldn’t you enter the portal? This **** is so stupid at this point, you’re almost doing yourself a disservice to not see what’s out there. It’s free agency but you can negotiate with any team at any time. Dip that toe. If I had a college athlete that was worth a ****, he’d be in the portal yesterday.

If you’re a good player, why wouldn’t you enter the portal? This **** is so stupid at this point, you’re almost doing yourself a disservice to not see what’s out there. It’s free agency but you can negotiate with any team at any time. Dip that toe. If I had a college athlete that was worth a ****, he’d be in the portal yesterday.
By that logic Francisco Mauigoa and Reuben Bain should enter the transfer portal, now. As should any player who has had a year one impact and could leverage that for a larger payday.

Advertisement
Rhule and other Coaches are just ****ed that they have more work to do to earn their millions.

The price of a coach kept shooting up while the job stayed relatively the same.

Power dynamic is shifting, the landscape rapidly changing, and the work is catching up to the $$$ they earn and they're ****ed about it.

1000%. Why not? It’s complete unsanctioned free agency. Go see what you’re worth.
Sure, but if you a University Miami fan (or a fan of virtually any other team) it basically destroys the sport. There's no continuity. Quality of play declines drastically. Recruiting becomes absolutely meaningless. Why get excited about a Fletcher or Bain because these are all year to year guys. A #1 class is irrelevant. Your team flips its entire roster every year. Everyone becomes Colorado.

It would be the same if all NFL or NBA players were signed to perpetual one year deals. The drafts for either sport would be meaningless. San Antonio could be thrilled about drafting Victor Wembanyama after a bad season in 2023; who cares however when the Los Angeles Lakers sign him one year later leaving the Spurs no better off.

Advertisement
Back