Going on record

ball915

All-American
to call out Lincoln Riley. Dude will get USC back to being better but not National Title good. Could see them making the Playoff the way his Oklahoma teams did but that's his ceiling. He had Heisman's fall into his lap there and got smoked in the biggest games they played. He left to find the path of least resistance which the P12 created and will be exposed for being overhyped once they have to play B10 games. By no means is he a bad HC just don't think he's all that.

Advertisement
Their defense is an abomination. Grinch will not fix that overnight, not with that roster.

2 losses minimum, even with a joke of a schedule.

His system kinda helped build those Heismans. I don't disagree with you OP. Their D will struggle, but they do have very fertile recruiting grounds much like we do. We shall see. Go Canes!

Advertisement
My turn

Marcus Freeman will fail at Notre Dame as long as Al Golden remains his DC.
If you go back and watch FSU's last drive against ND last year, Freeman played a bend but don't break scheme and almost let FSU win. Freeman must love the D Golden will bring.

to call out Lincoln Riley. Dude will get USC back to being better but not National Title good. Could see them making the Playoff the way his Oklahoma teams did but that's his ceiling. He had Heisman's fall into his lap there and got smoked in the biggest games they played. He left to find the path of least resistance which the P12 created and will be exposed for being overhyped once they have to play B10 games. By no means is he a bad HC just don't think he's all that.
You won't know his ceiling until you see his recruiting. He has access to more elite athletes than at OU. Yes OU is a big brand, but like ND it has a ceiling by itself unless the coach pushes it over the top. If he gets 3 or 4 top 5 classes there back to back, they will be in the playoffs with better shot than he had at OU. It starts with front 7 elite players. He will get the rest

My turn

Marcus Freeman will fail at Notre Dame as long as Al Golden remains his DC.
If you go back and watch FSU's last drive against ND last year, Freeman played a bend but don't break scheme and almost let FSU win. Freeman must love the D Golden will bring.
I must admit. I am curious to see how the ND and LSU things play out.

Advertisement
Back