Going against the grain

Advertisement
giphy-21.gif

Sadly at least 3.
Yeah I’d say 2/3 too. So I think it’s in the fanbases best interest to let him do the only thing he’s proven he can do. Don’t negative recruit against Mario and let him sell 25’s and 26’s on the positives. Bring in Nickel, a few Wr and Cb and then if he can’t succeed fine, be toxic and bring in Lane.

The best thing that can happen for tis program is for Mario to resign. Of course, that’s not happening.

If Miami was a publicly run company, he would be fired by demand of the shareholders.

He will ultimately cost us more financially to keep him than to fire him at this point. I can’t imagine what the crowds will look like with most of the fan base done with him.

Hr’s a fantastic recruiter who played at Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What happened in the Bowl Game might be the best thing that could have happened to us. Mario prides himself on being physical and bullying opponents as part of his philosophy. Rutgers embarrassed us in this and believe our staff will hold this over our players heads for the next 7-8 months. We saw the significant strides made in our mental toughness by competing in every game closing the gap from 21 points per loss in 2022 to 7.5 per loss in 2023. To take the next step the lack of physicality was exposed by an average B10 team and believe the same way we saw the mental side improve that this will light a fire that we aren't nearly as tough as we thought we were.

Obviously, this wont' fix all of our problems but steps are necessary in a rebuild process. The improved mental toughness this year put us in every game this year and that by no means could be said last year. Still too much finesse on this team and fake tough guy nonsense that needs to be addressed and toughening these boys up would be a huge step in the right direction. Having a 5'8 RB bouncing off our guys for 14 missed tackles needs to be on repeat inside our weight room.
So are
You saying there is a
Chance we are
Going to be even more focused on being Fyzical?
👍

Advertisement
The best thing that can happen for tis program is for Mario to resign. Of course, that’s not happening.

If Miami was a publicly run company, he would be fired by demand of the shareholders.

He will ultimately cost us more financially to keep him than to fire him at this point. I can’t imagine what the crowds will look like with most of the fan base done with him.

Well, judging by what we're seeing in bowl games, talent is 80% of the formula. Maybe because Mario is so bad as a game day coach he gets an additional handicap. But he's still the better option for Miami. Keep bringing in Top 10 classes and we don't get gashed like we did vs. Buttgers when a handful of starters opt out of a bowl game, because the next man up is good enough.

Advertisement

Completely agree. Can you imagine a new CEO is brought in and brings his executive staff only to produce worse numbers than his predecessor who was fired and then has to replace over half of the executives he brought in. Wouldn't instill much investor confidence. Stock would tank.

Advertisement
Back