God **** It: It Is Time To Re-Examine Mario Cristobal

Advertisement
My biggest take away so far is the Oregon O (and I mean Oregon Spread), with a dominant Senior OL and a draft pick at QB isnt that good... its okay... and thats about it. We should probably stay away from that Oregon Spread O & lean towards the Clemson/Ohio State Power Run Spread.

I've done a complete 180 on Mario. Most of my **** was being bitter with leaving us for Bama, and thinking he was only being asked for because he played here. Of course, he could just as well **** his pants today and I'd come full circle and go back to not wanting him again.
Agreed.

I’m not sold on him completely. If he came here I think I would be cautiously optimistic.

But same time hard to really argue that he’s been steadily improving.

Advertisement
I dont get the hate with Mario. Not saying he’s the correct man for THIS job, but he is surely a more competent head ball coach than Mandy iaz ever will be. Yous are all high on crack cocaine if you say you wouldn’t rather Mario than Mandy (hypothetically if they hired him last year). At least the kids on the team would respect him & the broken locker room could begin to mend.

I don’t get the suckage of Cristobal

If he loses to Wisconsin that’s 3 losses on the season and next year he loses majority of his o line and QB so are you expecting less than 3 losses?

Why are people competing Cristobal who’s had 6+ seasons of coaching to Manny who has had less than 1

Oh no.

The sideline reporter just said Mario is encouraging guys to waive towels on the sideline and "bring the juice."

Bring the juice = Spontaneous celebration points?

I remember when Mario was coach at FIU and he did a weekly interview with Jorge Sedano on 790. He sounded very similar to Manny in the sense they talked a good game but the results didn’t match the talk. He went and got experience elsewhere and put his time in and took his lumps as a head man.

Look at him now. What possibly could’ve been with Manny 3-5 years from now if he had stayed at Temple.

Advertisement
I don’t get the suckage of Cristobal

If he loses to Wisconsin that’s 3 losses on the season and next year he loses majority of his o line and QB so are you expecting less than 3 losses?

Why are people competing Cristobal who’s had 6+ seasons of coaching to Manny who has had less than 1
I feel indifferent about how Mario does as a head coach. I really dont care. So I cant answer your questions.

I do know for a fact he is a better recruiter than Manny though, he also would probably field a much more quality staff to coach the kids up. We are in desperate need of quality coaching. Look at Wisky they sign a class of 3*s every year, played in the best conference this year & are in the Rose Bowl with 3 losses. Players respect Mario. Manny is the substitute in class that tries to pal around with the kids & gets walked all over

My biggest take away so far is the Oregon O (and I mean Oregon Spread), with a dominant Senior OL and a draft pick at QB isnt that good... its okay... and thats about it. We should probably stay away from that Oregon Spread O & lean towards the Clemson/Ohio State Power Run Spread.

Yup. Arroyo getting hired away from Oregon is a win for Mario and Miami if Mario wanted to come.

Arroyo was the OC for the Bucs under Lovie Smith after Jeff Tedford had to leave for health reasons. He was the worst OC I've ever seen at that level.

Mario is light years ahead of Manny.

He took his licks as a first time HC at a low level school (FIU) and then went on to Bama to learn how to run a powerhouse program. He is more than ready to run a big time program and if he wants to come to Miami we'd be incredibly stupid to not take him

Manny on the other hand has been fired by two proven successful coaches (Mack Brown at Texas and Dan Mullen at Miss St.), has never been part of a dominate program team/program and is learning how to be a HC (and not doing well) at Miami instead of elsewhere

He took his licks as a first time HC at a low level school (FIU) and then went on to Bama to learn how to run a powerhouse program. He is more than ready to run a big time program and if he wants to come to Miami we'd be incredibly stupid to not take him

Manny on the other hand has been fired by two proven successful coaches (Mack Brown at Texas and Dan Mullen at Miss St.), has never been part of a dominate program team/program and is learning how to be a HC (and not doing well) at Miami instead of elsewhere
I endorse this message

Advertisement

Mario's resume was at least a season short for me. Now his resume is exactly what we should of looked for last year. Manny was the worst hire in my life watching Miami, mostly because we already did this with Shannon, we know how it ends. What I hate though is hanging on for the sake of hanging on. I wish the program would tell Manny "we didnt hire you for a rebuild" and send him packing for Mario.

12-wins
Conference Title
Rose Bowl Champs

Fellow lifelong Mario doubters, his training might be complete.

1577929158293.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back