Go CANES (It's over, VT is too good and we're not, but Thanks to all CANES for giving us your all!)

Advertisement
Where is the sense of urgency down 20 with 5 minutes to go. Lykes strolling down the court like out for a Sunday walk in the park. Yeah.

Up to 22 now, it's over.
Yeah its been over a while. But I hate this same o same oh watch the perimeter shots or run back for transition, as the shots are mostly missed..... meanwhile, VT either makes them or has 2-3 guys hanging around to grab the rebound on a miss for a new 30. Seen this ALL SEASON LONG hate it. Doesn't work for US.

Advertisement
Mack and Sam do not belong playing Power 5 basketball let alone the best conference in the country. Next year might be worse. Said all year they’d win 10-15 games after that Rutgers loss.

That’s it. Really proud of those guys for fighting all year. Zack played with a bad ankle until he couldn’t at the end, DJ played the last couple weeks with a bad back, Amp looked like he pulled a muscle about a month ago but played through, and Coach L mentioned a couple months ago that Sam had been playing through a foot injury. It’s certainly one of the highest character groups we’ve had. Hopefully Lykes is alright.

Advertisement
Gimme a break. Without Izundu we might not have won more than 8 games on the entire schedule, maybe 2 in the ACC. And that might be optimistic with no other inside players at all.
Dude they won 14 games....And most of them came against awful non conference teams. He couldn’t stay out of foul trouble his entire career. Don’t sit here and tell me without him they would have won 8 games at most. The entire team sucked this year.

Mack is absolutely useless

Whataburger is soft

Miller looks like a bowling pin and runs like a newborn giraffe

Gak could snap in half at any moment

Lykes gets too erratic at times

DJ is inconsistent

McGusty is an unknown

2019-20 is not looking good either

Gimme a break. Without Izundu we might not have won more than 8 games on the entire schedule, maybe 2 in the ACC. And that might be optimistic with no other inside players at all.

Exactly. Izundu had a nice season. 11.0 points, 8.4 rebounds, .659 FG, .697 FT. The kid fouled out 3 times in 20 conference games and one of them he got butchered in Cameron. Go figure.

Advertisement
Well we were 4-12 this year with 7 guys. I think its a good bet we'll win 3 more games just based on more depth and improvement alone.

I agree that Mack hasn't shown ACC ability and will forever be a backup. As we get more players after this FBI crap dissipates he will slip further down the depth chart. DJ is a backup on a good team but he will be a starter for us.

Sam has skill but he's still not strong enough. I expect him to get stronger every year though. Same as Gak. A slim 6'10". He is more skilled and athletic than Izundu was. He has a higher ceiling.

Lykes game can get out of control and sometimes he can win you games. The hope is that his game matures. Wong is a PG so we can spell Lykes when he's tired or just starts playing crazy

Rodney Miller is a bad athlete and I question his competitiveness for not being willing to play when his team needed him.

The new guys

Kameron McGusty? Nobody knows how he'll compete in the ACC, but if he averaged 10ppg at Oklahoma he's probably going to be a seemless replacement for Amp...provided he survives Coach L's offseason. Guys seem to transfer just before the season after sitting out.

Wong looks like an effortless scorer. He'll need some seasoning but I expect him to contribute from day one.

Anthony Walker gives us a 6'9" high flying athlete. With our lack of front court depth, I expect he'll get some time early.

The transfer portal will provide next years Zach Johnson. Whether he be a guard or a front court player. We'll need one more guy to add to this team and Coach L will have us competitive next year. Not in the top 5 but away from the basement. 2 more years and Coach L will have us back near the top.

Advertisement
Back