Giving one more Make or Break Year to Manny VS. parting ways now

Advertisement
Before the Virginia game was the time for essays. Count me among the 'didn't read that ****' crowd. I don't care what anyone pro Manny has to say. I've watched the games and it's obvious he's not the guy. The proof is in the tape. I'm not even mad at him, he tried wholeheartedly at a job he shouldn't have been hired for. Matters not, he's still not the guy and he needs to go.

I know many are vocal about cutting Ties with Manny, but I wanted to address the Pros & cons of doing so now vs. giving him a make or break year next year.

From my perspective Manny is a good organization leader/GM type. Building a college program has many different aspects, and he has done a good job of recruiting and getting buy in from players seeing his vision. He has done a good job making quick decisions around change from coordinators, portal decisions, the branding with #TNM and the mystique of the U. Recruiting being the big one, but building a program isn't easy.

However, it shows on the field he's a poor in game coach. His teams seem to lack discipline and lack preparation. They always start slow. There's concept, technique and scheme flaws that are consistent. The missed tackling, poor angles, over flowing to the ball, lane & gap integrity and then even tactical coaching choices. For example last night I was saying it to my friend w/ me at the game that UVA is tired and we are running all over them late in the fourth. To avoid possible long FG, pound the rock and go for the TD, on top of being a lot of pressure on a true frosh kicker n first ACC game. You can always settle for FG, so why not go for TD? There are couple dozen other example we could point to.

He takes accountability, or used to, but doesn't pass that accountability down. He's not hard nosed. You cant be everyone's buddy.

The downside of letting him go now is the momentum recruiting, and the player buy in. We would risk losing all the DB's we have coming because of Robinson, who could be gone if Manny was canned.

There is likely to be loss of players already in program, and the Frosh & soph classes are loaded. Forget the stars, these kids can actually ball in games. The frosh class both sides of the ball is impressive. QB play - for the first time in forever, we have a very strong QB room. We are set up to contend for national title Garcia's JR year. This incoming class is key, given 3 strong classes in a row, and it might be a weak class if Miami doesn't win, but there's talent on O line & D line developing over next two years. The LB's who are frosh and sophs have a chance, compared to the extremely poor play we have there now. Receivers as a whole, and especially the three amigos along with Arroyo at TE, Garcia or TVD at QB, Knighton and/or Chaney as RB's is an elite offensive core.

Defensively much of the same. Taylor absolutely balled last night and Roberts played very well also. We would rsik losing the D ends we have great shot at. additionally, chase smith, the two williams and Kam, elite incoming long DB's paired with the offense I just spoke about is legit special....As much as I know Manny isnt the actual game coach we need, he isn't a guy, I think the alternative is worse and would be a long rebuild. We are close so lets ride it out. (plus Mario needs a couple more yrs in Oregon anyways, ha

What the F are you talking about? Why would anyone give this guy an extension, just to bring him back another year? You need to extend him at this point, because if you don't, you run the risk of him being unable to recruit. Nah, we have seen all we need to see in regards to Manny. He isn't the answer, he is unsuited to be a HC at a school like Miami and it's time that everyone involved move on. The guy that hired him should be shown the door, because this was a hire with an extremely low success probability. The BOT members that allowed said AD to hire such an underqualified candidate without interviewing other candidates should all be forced to resign.

Advertisement
The players get worse the longer they practice with him.

Look at Freshmen vs. upper classmen. Loon at transfers.

There is not a single argument that makes any sense for keeping him another game. It's just pure incompetence from the administration.

I know many are vocal about cutting Ties with Manny, but I wanted to address the Pros & cons of doing so now vs. giving him a make or break year next year.

From my perspective Manny is a good organization leader/GM type. Building a college program has many different aspects, and he has done a good job of recruiting and getting buy in from players seeing his vision. He has done a good job making quick decisions around change from coordinators, portal decisions, the branding with #TNM and the mystique of the U. Recruiting being the big one, but building a program isn't easy.

However, it shows on the field he's a poor in game coach. His teams seem to lack discipline and lack preparation. They always start slow. There's concept, technique and scheme flaws that are consistent. The missed tackling, poor angles, over flowing to the ball, lane & gap integrity and then even tactical coaching choices. For example last night I was saying it to my friend w/ me at the game that UVA is tired and we are running all over them late in the fourth. To avoid possible long FG, pound the rock and go for the TD, on top of being a lot of pressure on a true frosh kicker n first ACC game. You can always settle for FG, so why not go for TD? There are couple dozen other example we could point to.

He takes accountability, or used to, but doesn't pass that accountability down. He's not hard nosed. You cant be everyone's buddy.

The downside of letting him go now is the momentum recruiting, and the player buy in. We would risk losing all the DB's we have coming because of Robinson, who could be gone if Manny was canned.

There is likely to be loss of players already in program, and the Frosh & soph classes are loaded. Forget the stars, these kids can actually ball in games. The frosh class both sides of the ball is impressive. QB play - for the first time in forever, we have a very strong QB room. We are set up to contend for national title Garcia's JR year. This incoming class is key, given 3 strong classes in a row, and it might be a weak class if Miami doesn't win, but there's talent on O line & D line developing over next two years. The LB's who are frosh and sophs have a chance, compared to the extremely poor play we have there now. Receivers as a whole, and especially the three amigos along with Arroyo at TE, Garcia or TVD at QB, Knighton and/or Chaney as RB's is an elite offensive core.

Defensively much of the same. Taylor absolutely balled last night and Roberts played very well also. We would rsik losing the D ends we have great shot at. additionally, chase smith, the two williams and Kam, elite incoming long DB's paired with the offense I just spoke about is legit special....As much as I know Manny isnt the actual game coach we need, he isn't a guy, I think the alternative is worse and would be a long rebuild. We are close so lets ride it out. (plus Mario needs a couple more yrs in Oregon anyways, ha)
No

Defensively much of the same. Taylor absolutely balled last night and Roberts played very well also. We would rsik losing the D ends we have great shot at. additionally, chase smith, the two williams and Kam, elite incoming long DB's paired with the offense I just spoke about is legit special....As much as I know Manny isnt the actual game coach we need, he isn't a guy, I think the alternative is worse and would be a long rebuild. We are close so lets ride it out. (plus Mario needs a couple more yrs in Oregon anyways, ha)
D46Y.gif

Advertisement
The player issue is the only argument. We can attract a better coach if we have another great class coming in. And the team will be better just because the talent is there.

Harder to get a home run hire if the cupboard is thin.

Only read first sentence, **** off

Advertisement
Back