Give our AD some credit too.

Kirijax

Senior
We don't know how it all went down play-by-play, but got to give some credit to our AD Blake James. He's come up in The U during the difficult Shapirot mess, had to fire the football coach mid-season, and with half the top tier schools in the country looking for coaches, he managed to go out and get the best one available. The U was in the right place at the right time and everything seems like it fell together perfectly but I'm sure James had a big part in it. We've given him a lot of grief on this forum but it wouldn't hurt if we gave him some credit on this one.
Now if he would just do something about the tennis team...

Advertisement
Disagree. . He got a gift. A nice gift, but a gift none the less. If rumors true, Schiano next in line? He dodged a bullet. I like the hire, like Butch better, but I'm saddled up and ready to ride with Mark! But BJ gets no thanks for getting bailed out by Georgia. He said no change, then changed ..... He is still a job scared puppet imo. That's all, Blake didn't get awesome in last 2 days... he got lucky! And maybe we all did too. I'm happy with the hire.

Disagree. . He got a gift. A nice gift, but a gift none the less. If rumors true, Schiano next in line? He dodged a bullet. I like the hire, like Butch better, but I'm saddled up and ready to ride with Mark! But BJ gets no thanks for getting bailed out by Georgia. He said no change, then changed ..... He is still a job scared puppet imo. That's all, Blake didn't get awesome in last 2 days... he got lucky! And maybe we all did too. I'm happy with the hire.
Co-sign.

Give em' credit because He wanted to give an about to be 4-8 Strong the job, only to ultimately have Richt fall in His lap...nope.

Advertisement
It's not like he needs to be crowned AD of the year, but a week ago things looked horrible. It looked like Schiano would be coach, granted Richt may have fell in his lap, but he had to have convinced him to become coach, based upon the shock his family had over him coaching next season. The biggest thing I think he did, or rather didn't to was interview Cristobal.

Advertisement
We don't know how it all went down play-by-play, but got to give some credit to our AD Blake James. He's come up in The U during the difficult Shapirot mess, had to fire the football coach mid-season, and with half the top tier schools in the country looking for coaches, he managed to go out and get the best one available. The U was in the right place at the right time and everything seems like it fell together perfectly but I'm sure James had a big part in it. We've given him a lot of grief on this forum but it wouldn't hurt if we gave him some credit on this one.
Now if he would just do something about the tennis team...

post-28035-youre-very-good-you-you-unders-HcoL.gif

Kirijax???? Where tf you been ****?

Been busy with pro tennis. But once a Canes fan,... Haven't had much to get excited about but the coaching search caught my attention. Still shocked the Canes managed to pull this off.

He should be thanking us. All those banners got Al fired. Otherwise Blake would have just started "evaluating" everything and clearly Mark wanted another job and would have been gone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back