Give it up for Tyler Van Dyke

FrancisSawyer

All American
Premium
We all know that this program is a dumpster fire under Diaz and we collectively cannot wait to see that fraud take the pellets. However we need to recognize leadership and Balls the size of Alpha Centari when we see them.

Kid had to bite down on an 0-2 record as a starter despite the fact that he twice put the team on his back and recused to give in. He had to hold that in knowing full well that the clowns calling the shots had pulled the mat right out from underneath him twice as he was on the verge of leading us back.

Still he doesn't sulk or feel sorry for himself. What he does is take the podium during the week and call out NC St. Then he goes out on that field and puts on a show going 25-33 for 325 yards and 4 TDs with 0 picks. He overcame the bizzarre momentum killing garbage that Trashlee tried to ***** him with and he calmly stuck the knife in the Wolfpacks back with a 3rd and 16 dime to Mallory to put the game on ice.

I don't know what is going to happen in the future in terms of his career. Besides the fact that he shows incredible promise I'm done trying to be Nostradamus with these kids because Ive seen what poor coaching can do to promising young players. Right now Im not thinking of that. I'm thinking what a great win this is for a kid that absolutely worked for it. Period end of story. All the simps on this board can save the predictably lame posts about not crowning anybody. ***** that! Blake James sucks. This entire staff sucks and we all want them gone but tonight none of that can take away from the fact that Tyler Van Dyke is a Boss!

Advertisement
We all know that this program is a dumpster fire under Diaz and we collectively cannot wait to see that fraud take the pellets. However we need to recognize leadership and Balls the size of Alpha Centari when we see them.

Kid had to bite down on an 0-2 record as a starter despite the fact that he twice put the team on his back and recused to give in. He had to hold that in knowing full well that the clowns calling the shots had pulled the mat right out from underneath him twice as he was on the verge of leading us back.

Still he doesn't sulk or feel sorry for himself. What he does is take the podium during the week and call out NC St. Then he goes out on that field and puts on a show going 25-33 for 325 yards and 4 TDs with 0 picks. He overcame the bizzarre momentum killing garbage that Trashlee tried to ***** him with and he calmly stuck the knife in the Wolfpacks back with a 3rd and 16 dime to Mallory to put the game on ice.

I don't know what is going to happen in the future in terms of his career. Besides the fact that he shows incredible promise I'm done trying to be Nostradamus with these kids because Ive seen what poor coaching can do to promising young players. Right now Im not thinking of that. I'm thinking what a great win this is for a kid that absolutely worked for it. Period end of story. All the simps on this board can save the predictably lame posts about not crowning anybody. ***** that! Blake James sucks. This entire staff sucks and we all want them gone but tonight none of that can take away from the fact that Tyler Van Dyke is a Boss!
Let’s keep it a buck; yeah he had slow starts in the 1st half of the first two games, but the young man played well enough to go 3-0….the defense let him down late in games each time, and was a dropped pass from letting him down again.

Get him a real staff, and I have no problems w/ him being QB1, thus far. Like I said in the UNC game thread, he gives me Brock Berlin vibes, and I’m OK w/ that.

Let’s keep it a buck; yeah he had slow starts in the 1st half of the first two games, but the young man played well enough to go 3-0….the defense let him down late in games each time, and was a dropped pass from letting him down again.

Get him a real staff, and I have no problems w/ him being QB1, thus far. Like I said in the UNC game thread, he gives me Brock Berlin vibes, and I’m OK w/ that.
The kid was obviously going through growing pains his 1st 2 starts and he still rallied the troops and got it together at the end of each game putting us in position to win them both. The thing that really impressed me was that after going through those 2 soul crushing losses he goes out and trash talks NC ST then goes out and torches them while overcoming his OC and HCs tendency to choke it all away. Kid is a man and he has earned everyone's respect.

Advertisement

Seems the answer to the question "who would be a starter from our roster on Clemsons roster" is QB. I think Dabo would happily swap DJ Uglyleilei for TVD. 128 yards with two INTs? Woof

So since we are crowning TVD then dIAZ should be crowned too? Didnt this same QB throw 3 INTS and lost the game last week? Oh wait.....CIS logic

So since we are crowning TVD then dIAZ should be crowned too? Didnt this same QB throw 3 INTS and lost the game last week? Oh wait.....CIS logic
This is either a prime example of brilliant sarcasm or literally one of the dumbest things that I have ever read on this board. In the case that this is the latter, is there some type of CIS "Wall of Shame" that we can pin this up on?

Advertisement
1635056444112.jpeg

he did well and looks like a **** qb, our problem is bigger than manny. Get rid of james and his athletic department clowns!!! We seem to neuter our players, the older they get the worse they look.

One of the tv commentators said that Rhett Lashlee told him that he and TVD sat down alone last Monday and had a long talk about what TVD needed from Lashlee. What kind of plays, etc. He said he felt it was very productive .

TVD also mentioned that Lashlee really helped him identify specific coverages, etc this week and that he had put in extra time after classes watching more film and preparing.

It seems pretty clear TVD is motivated and competitive.

Advertisement
This is either a prime example of brilliant sarcasm or literally one of the dumbest things that I have ever read on this board. In the case that this is the latter, is there some type of CIS "Wall of Shame" that we can pin this up on?
Its the former. It will be fun to watch people try and take the win from Manny. Its already begun.

What I have said time and again thru the years is that you have to let young players grow. Stop judging their career and potential based on a handful of games. The QB position is the hardest position to play. So many people doubting TVD after a bad 1st half against UVA and UNC despite showing resiliency in both games. Unrealistic expectations for a Rsh freshman QB that was supposed to be sitting behind King for another year.

You have people on CIS quoting TVD's 50+% completions prior to the NC State game saying he ain't the guy. Doesn't even begin to tell the real story. The real story is a young man growing each week from his experiences both good and bad. He's gaining confidence and showing leadership. He completed 75% of his passes against NC State. Threw for 325 yards with 4 TDs and 0 INTs. All against the best defense statistically in the ACC.

I feel confident in both TVD and Garcia to lead this team.

Mad props to this kid, that NC state D is no joke and he stepped up and balled out.

Advertisement
Again there are still a few of you that are critical TVD but should open their eyes and see his potential. You cannot teach guts, size, and arm strength and this kid has all three. I believe he has the talent to be incredibly special at the U but MANNY and LASHLEE are detriments to his success. i have followed UM football since 1982 and had been a season ticket hold for 32 years. THIS KID HAS IT ALL and just needs better coaching and experience. His critics here should be open their eyes and enjoy his talents.

this.

he was a freshman making freshman mistakes against UNC and UVa. But he kept fighting and made some great throws in both contests.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: he wasn't the reason we lost those games. But he 's definitely the reason we won last night.

Advertisement
Back