Girard Pringle Jr (not hurt) forgotten?

Agreed, so if he's hurt, I think it's imperative to get him back out there to potentially hurt himself worse to be part of a 5 man committee to beat a team we're favored to beat by 3 touchdowns.
do you know if he's hurt? if he is, I agree, but I haven't heard that other than CIS speculation
 
do you know if he's hurt? if he is, I agree, but I haven't heard that other than CIS speculation

You literally responded to my post talking about him being hurt. Do you think I'd say not play him if he was totally healthy? Obviously I'm talking about, if he's hurt, hold him out. We don't need him at 90%. He twisted his ankle, limped around, was in visible pain, and never played again. I don't think amputation is on the table, but he clearly got nicked up in the last game. If he's not 100%, we'll see you in South Carolina.
 
You literally responded to my post talking about him being hurt. Do you think I'd say not play him if he was totally healthy? Obviously I'm talking about, if he's hurt, hold him out. We don't need him at 90%. He twisted his ankle, limped around, was in visible pain, and never played again. I don't think amputation is on the table, but he clearly got nicked up in the last game. If he's not 100%, we'll see you in South Carolina.
I misunderstood. I agree, if he's hurt he should sit. If not, he should play A LOT
 
Just kidding, kinda. It’s become pretty evident. There’s a certain type of player that this staff covets, or maybe I should say characteristics. I’m not saying he doesn’t have them, but this is not the first time we’ve seen situations like this.
They wouldn't have fended off Bama trying to get him in the portal if he didn't have characteristics they like.
 
Mike Ryan thinks BOTH Mallory and Lyle are better than Fletcher btw. There's not one **** thing we've seen from Lyle in actual games to justify that claim. Gee he's big and fast and therefore must be better. Mallory while a good looking player, there's not enough to justify that claim.
 
Yes, "DMoney" tried to make running back pass protection a real thing.

Mark Fletcher broke the playoff rushing record, and instead of distancing themselves from prior awful takes, the RB crew is trying to reinvent football again.
In pass situations he was removed from games in the playoffs… weird given he’s an elite pass protector. Almost like that isn’t the most important factor…..
 
I would expect Pringle and Mallory to be next year’s version of Fletcher and Brown. He will get plenty of opportunities
What I/we would “expect”/hope has consistently been very different at RB and Lb…. Te too tbh
 
Here is a reason why I feel confident when saying we have the best running-back room in the country.

Last season, with ten rushing attempts being the floor to qualify, 52 players averaged over 6 yards per carry: Deuce Knight led the country 178 yards on 13 attempts, 13.7 ypc, and Jadarian Price was the floor @ 113 attempts w/ 674 rushing yards, 6 ypc.

If we change the parameters to 6 ypc w/ at least 50 carries, we eliminate 11 guys. If we eliminate quarterbacks, we cutout 4 more. Then lastly, if we cutout non-p4 players and only select for true freshman running backs, we’re left with Girard Pringle Jr.

Restated, Pringle had the highest ypc, minimum 50 carries, amongst all p4 true freshman running backs (USC redshirt freshman King Miller had a 6.2 ypc).

6ypc on a minimum of 50 carries as a true freshman, p4 running-back is rare, DaSean Bishop at Tennessee and Damien Martinez at Oregon State are a couple of other guys who have done so. Price and Love just missed this cutoff (47 carries, 5.7 ypc & 74 carries, 5.4 ypc).

Before Lyle* and Pringle did it, the last to do so here was Duke. Lamar Miller did it in his redshirt freshman year. Yearby* got close (5.9 ypc). Pringle and Duke stand apart because they both reached that 6.0 ypc (narrowly for Pringle; 7.1 ypc for Duke) when removing non-p4 stats from their numbers. People hated on Duke for his games against KSU, FSU, and ND that year; however, even including them in his totals he was still elite from the get-go

If we change the parameters to 5.6 ypc on at least ten attempts, 100 players did so in the 2025 season. When we bump that up to 50 carries, and exclude QBs like Kamario Taylor, obviously Nate Sheppard outta Duke had the best true freshman season amongst all p4 RBs. He is one of three class of ‘25 RBs who qualify, alongside Pringle Jr and Jordon Davidson outta Oregon.

Jeffrey Overton at VT is having a great sophomore year; he averaged 5.8 ypc on 25 carries as a true freshman. Overton and Marquises Davis were the only other p4 true freshmen RBs to average over 5.6 ypc.

Davis was behind two great running backs at Missouri, however, he gained all 200 yards on 34 carries against UMass, Central Arkansas, and Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns. He transferred to Louisville, had 86 yards, 2 TDs on 7 carries against Villanova; 2 yards on 1 carry against WF. So he is more of an unknown the other 4 guys IMO. Was a 4* RB. Not sure why he transferred however he had to have known he was going from a program with 2 great RBs to another program with 2 great RBs. Louisville and Missouri do a great job w/ talent evaluation and variation in run-design as well.

Excited to see Pringle post-FAMU injury recovery in these last 7 games and onwards into the playoffs. Type of talent you gotta count in and can’t pencil out.
 
Back
Top