Gino

Again, those teams got to the same place in the postseason. Now you're just nitpicking about preference.

One team played out of its mind. The other two teams got to Omaha and shut it down, even though they were supposed to be there. Give me 2006 any time.

Advertisement
According to you we are signing the best players from the best high schools in South Florida. Then why do we suck? It's either the players or the coaches, and the coaches are responsible for recruiting the players.

That's the crazy thing about all this. We have 27 spots in which to give out money, but we couldn't plan ahead to 2017. Couldn't figure out how to make sure that we kept a competitive team on the field. We ended up with a JAG like Brandon Gali getting at bats in D1 games.

That team wasn't supposed to be in Omaha. That team went on the road and pulled an upset at the most important time. That used to happen around here.

So because it happened once, then it should happen often?

Again, programs and coaches don't make their living doing that. When it happens, it should be celebrated because it's rare.

That's the crazy thing about all this. We have 27 spots in which to give out money, but we couldn't plan ahead to 2017. Couldn't figure out how to make sure that we kept a competitive team on the field. We ended up with a JAG like Brandon Gali getting at bats in D1 games.

There's really no argument for DiMare after the last 2 seasons. None.

Advertisement
But it would be nice to compete in years when we're not a national seed. Maybe go on the road and take down a better team. But that never happens.

Saying something would be nice and then expecting it (or demanding it) are two different things.

I agree that it would be nice but I'm not into wishful thinking.

Funny how "two full classes" and "two straight years in Omaha" are monumental feats, but two years without even making the postseason is a "short stint".

I never said they were monumental feats or even insinuated that. We merely got back to what we had (almost) always done.

I complain and blame the coaches now with the players they recruit, since they don't win. So anything different would be a good start.

I don't think change just for the sake of change is a good thing.

In fact, I think that's how you get stuck in purgatory for 15+ years like our football program. Or you become Tennessee football.

Advertisement
One team played out of its mind. The other two teams got to Omaha and shut it down, even though they were supposed to be there. Give me 2006 any time.

So, yes, nitpicking about preference.

The 2006 team was blue chip, too, by the way. That team was loaded with Perfect Game All-Stars.

There's really no argument for DiMare after the last 2 seasons. None.

Of course there is but it requires being a rational adult who can read something longer than a sentence or remember farther back than 18 months.

You obviously are not one of those people.

Of course there is but it requires being a rational adult who can read something longer than a sentence or remember farther back than 18 months.

You obviously are not one of those people.

Why haven't you answered my previous question about why we suck? Is it the players or the coaches fault

Advertisement
Why haven't you answered my previous question about why we suck? Is it the players or the coaches fault

I've been very clear on this and I can't believe that you professional whiners are asking me to repeat this again. Do I really need to do the chronology again?

This is why I don't like engaging with the know-nothings because, well, they don't know anything and everything has to be explained to them.

So because it happened once, then it should happen often?

Again, programs and coaches don't make their living doing that. When it happens, it should be celebrated because it's rare.

We were a national seed twice in the last decade. If we're only going to be the favorite 20% of the time, then the odds say that we should occasionally pull the upset. We don't do that, though. If we are a two seed, we are not winning that regional.

If you don't like the idea of having to play above our seed, I would recommend changing something so that being a national seed isn't such a rarity.

Advertisement
Saying something would be nice and then expecting it (or demanding it) are two different things.

I agree that it would be nice but I'm not into wishful thinking.

Are you going on record as saying that it's rare for a team to play above their seed?

You're conceding my point that your comment about hard-nosed players was dumb.

Take all the Michael Burns' you want and you'll be complaining about how the coaches can't "develop" talent.

Well, they can't develop talent now. So, again, maybe a different strategy is in order. They're supposedly bringing in the best players from the best area in the country, but we haven't had a championship contender in nearly two decades.

I've been very clear on this and I can't believe that you professional whiners are asking me to repeat this again. Do I really need to do the chronology again?

This is why I don't like engaging with the know-nothings because, well, they don't know anything and everything has to be explained to them.

They had a great team in 2016 and most of that team returned for 2017. What were Morris and Di Mare to do? Revoke the scholarships of 4 to 5 players that had been there for 3 years and were instrumental to reaching Omaha in both 2015 and 2016........ Morris had to play with what they had. He did bring in 4 JUCOs to buttress the team....

It seems like the new 2018 recruits were stellar, but the 2018 team lost its two best players (best players at that moment in time) for ~24 games.

If there is not marked improvement during 2018/2019, then there is a serious problem, but this team won 11 games in a row and improved commensurately during the course of the season. That comeback against Clemson from 8 runs down was heartening.

If Reyes and Amditis do not suffer injuries, this is a different season altogether (in my opinion).

Advertisement
Back