Gino Resigning

He’s done great at Louisville but I’d like to know more about what’s happened the past 2 years.

I don’t know what the Miami side thinks of him but I do think he’s looking to leave Louisville.
Two years? I thought they won the Atlantic and hosted a super in 2022?

Advertisement
I think our top candidates are all in our conference McDonnell, Walter at Wake and Pollard. Any of these guys would be great choice.

Sometimes you have to break eggs to make an omelet

Just don’t break those eggs

1686260842334.png

@IndayArtHauz is rushing to protect Cyr and Carrier
Next year could be scary. With the pitching situation and all the position player replacements needed.

What about the 2024 recruiting class? Could our recruiting class get poached by other programs? I hope Rad already has his guy ready.

I would love to poach the Duke coach, but I don't see him leaving when he likely thinks he can win just as much at Duke than Miami.

Whoever he is, I hope he's good.

Advertisement
Next year could be scary. With the pitching situation and all the position player replacements needed.

What about the 2024 recruiting class? Could we get poached by other programs. I hope Rad already has his guy ready.

I would love to poach the Duke coach, but I don't see him leaving when he likely thinks he can win just as much at Duke than Miami.

We can't be thinking about rushing to make a decent hire at the expense of making an exceptional one.

Advertisement
We can't be thinking about rushing to make a decent hire at the expense of making an exceptional one.
I did not intend to imply that. I'm sure Rad didn't just decide to fire Gino. He had to be thinking about it early in the season. He was thinking, "If we don't get to a super regional, Gino has to go. I don't want him anyway. Let me start working on his replacement."

I don't like it when coaches are fired in any sport and the AD has no clue of who the list of replacements could be. That leg work for the candidate list should have already been done. It's a matter of working your list from the top candidate down.

I did not intend to imply that. I'm sure Rad didn't just decide to fire Gino. He had to be thinking about it early in the season. He was thinking, "If we don't get to a regional, Gino has to go. I don't want him anyway. Let me start working on his replacement."

I don't like it when coaches are fired in any sport and the AD has no clue of who the list of replacements could be. That leg work for the candidate list should have already been done.

Yeah, I certainly don't know why some people suddenly start talking about "rushing" a hiring.

Just please god let this be a complete cultural overhaul.

JD, GM, Norberto, Jonathan Anderson, Julian RIvera all seem like really nice guys and that's why they've all gotta go.
Let’s can Jayro and Maniac, too. All in in baby!

Advertisement

What about the 2024 recruiting class? Could our recruiting class get poached by other programs? I hope Rad already has his guy ready.

The most important thing is to hire someone that anybody would want to play for, and some NIL cash for Cyr and Ziehl wouldn’t hurt either.

Advertisement
The most important thing is to hire someone that anybody would want to play for, and some NIL cash for Cyr and Ziehl wouldn’t hurt either.
Yes, get those guys big NIL deals and let them know they're going to get coaches who are even better than the one's we let go.

I never heard anything about baseball NIL deals. I'm sure our top players had them. The thing is, with a strong NIL game, the scholarship limits of baseball should not be a factor in getting kids to campus. Some may get a better deal than they would signing a late round pro contract..

Advertisement
Back