Gino Resigning

Advertisement
Someone put together a great list on a thread after we got swept by Wake. Does anyone remember what thread it was on?

Someone put together a great list on a thread after we got swept by Wake. Does anyone remember what thread it was on?
Here you go

Jim Leyland
Laser Collazo
Bobby Valentine
Ozzie Guillen
Aubrey Huff
Stan Van Gundy
Frank Martin
should also be considered. He's a Miami guy that also knows Miami basketball for those cross-discipline kids. Miami culture is important
Jon Jay. Vast coaching experience in the majors. Miami kid. Played here. Won a title. Dad is well connected in the community and Starke.
Casey Stengal. He's a little old, but i don't think there's anyone on earth (dead or alive) that knows more baseball than him.
Al Kaline. He vacationed here as a yute and therefore is familiar with Miami and its culture. Plus, he's in the HOF, which says alot.

Nothing more despicable than a "football only" Miami fan

I was an all-sports fan as an undergrad, grad, and law student at UM. I specifically chose to pay my "optional" athletic fee as a grad/law student so that I could go to all games.

One of the best parts of the UM law school is its proximity to the Light. Don't even have to re-park your car, just a short walk.

Advertisement
This ain't Blake James. Dan is a tremendous AD and demands only the best for his Alma mater. Dimare has been a flop doing less with more for too long. It was time.
Completely NOT true. I follow Canes baseball. DiMare is tied for 1st place for Canes baseball coaches reaching 150 wins in the shortest time.

Gino was forced to resign because the team failed to make it to a super regional the past 2 seasons. Unfortunately, he had his best team in 2020 when Covid cancelled the season. That team would have made it to Omaha and would have had a good chance to win it all.

So, you didn't really pass out?
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Target #1 for me: Chris Pollard at Duke

Before he arrived at Duke in 2013, they had not made the NCAA postseason in 50+ years. Since 2013, they’ve made 5 regional appearances and 3 super regional appearances (including this weekend).

He comes from a pitching coach background, and Duke is currently #9 nationally in ERA. Miami finished #68 this year.

He also looks to be in his late 40s, so still on the upside of his career.

This thread is moving faster than gamedays!

Must be all the occasional posters stopping by. :LOL:

Oh, lord, here we go with the posting-frequency smack.

Has anyone ever considered that all of us decades-long UM baseball fanatics might not want to put up with certain people who tend to dominate this forum with their negativity?

Happy to have a fresh start here. I've had my concerns, but there's no need to blister great Canes like Gino and JD 24-7-365. They aren't complete scumbags like Beta Blake and the Shermanator and Dave Maggot.

Losing a lot of talented starters and a coach, gonna be an interesting offseason, hope we can get some good transfers to bridge the gap.
I don't want to follow FSU's miserable season. Whoever the new coach is, will have to re-recruit players like Blake Cyr to stick with the program.

Could see our best returning players hit the portal. Scary times with YoYo, Pitelli, Kayfus, Lenvenson, and Walters all moving on to pro ball.

Pinch me.. this can't be real? Yeah, Cane's baseball does not go out in regionals. Let's get this show back on the road!

Advertisement
Completely NOT true. I follow Canes baseball. DiMare is tied for 1st place for Canes baseball coaches reaching 150 wins in the shortest time.

Gino was forced to resign because the team failed to make it to a super regional the past 2 seasons. Unfortunately, he had his best team in 2020 when Covid cancelled the season. That team would have made it to Omaha and would have had a good chance to win it all.

The bolded still ****es me off. That weekend rotation was as legit as we’ve had since I can remember. Definitely could have won it all that year.

Do we want him or someone younger? I guess as long as he surrounds himself with the right people…..
He’s done great at Louisville but I’d like to know more about what’s happened the past 2 years.

I don’t know what the Miami side thinks of him but I do think he’s looking to leave Louisville.

Target #1 for me: Chris Pollard at Duke

Before he arrived at Duke in 2013, they had not made the NCAA postseason in 50+ years. Since 2013, they’ve made 5 regional appearances and 3 super regional appearances (including this weekend).

He comes from a pitching coach background, and Duke is currently #9 nationally in ERA. Miami finished #68 this year.

He also looks to be in his late 40s, so still on the upside of his career.
He's in my Top 5 if not Top 3 for the reasons you state. And he also seems to be strong on fundamentals, the lack of which has haunted us for years.

Advertisement
I don't want to follow FSU's miserable season. Whoever the new coach is, will have to re-recruit players like Blake Cyr to stick with the program.

Could see our best returning players hit the portal. Scary times with YoYo, Pitelli, Kayfus, Lenvenson, and Walters all moving on to pro ball.
@IndayArtHauz is rushing to protect Cyr and Carrier

Advertisement
Back