Gino on SiriusXM

scane

Redshirt Freshman
Take anything you hear from a coach out of practice with a grain of salt but:
-Yoyo is the most improved returning player. He’s hitting nearly .500 including two homers in one scrimmage.
-Reiterated that Palm is getting the opportunity to start. He’s pitching well but it does sound like Gino would prefer he close.
-Perez has been the second best hitter this fall behind Yoyo.
-Carrier has added 25 pounds of muscle since he arrived in July.
-Ligon has been the standout new pitcher. Ziehl has also been good.

Advertisement
I can confirm that Carrier is huge. Was at practice yesterday for about 25 minutes and the kid is no string bean. Yoyo also looks bigger. Burke is put together well and seems to be a favorite among teammates. Gates was not practicing defensive drills with the pitchers. Renzo was at 1B with Kayfus. Gonzalez and Wallen at 2B. Pitelli and Garcia at SS. Yoyo and Burke at 3B. Izarra was playing some 1B but not moving much. Rosario's right arm is in a sling.

I can confirm that Carrier is huge. Was at practice yesterday for about 25 minutes and the kid is no string bean. Yoyo also looks bigger. Burke is put together well and seems to be a favorite among teammates. Gates was not practicing defensive drills with the pitchers. Renzo was at 1B with Kayfus. Gonzalez and Wallen at 2B. Pitelli and Garcia at SS. Yoyo and Burke at 3B. Izarra was playing some 1B but not moving much. Rosario's right arm is in a sling.
All sounded fine until your last sentence. "Sling" and "arm" together in a sentence about a pitcher is never a good sign. Any word on why?

Oh man I'm sorry it was Mike Rosario. Alejandro was out there and looks fine.

Advertisement
Renzo will be an everyday player. Palmquist doesn’t have the stamina to be a full year starter (yet). Carrier will be a work in progress. Do not expect Romero to be ‘19 ADC, but do expect him to be solid. Rosario has taken a major leap, expect him to be an ace. That’s all for now.

we need speed.

the last year or two we've been embarrassingly slow. it's as though Gino forgot all he learned from Fraser about always having the fastest 9 guys in the ballpark. how is that looking?

Cool, keep our staff away from him

Advertisement
Back