Gino DiMare

Been around a long time I was a bat boy eight years old Ron was just starting his legendary coaching reign. Ive watched 2 post pressers with Gino and this guy is for real no fool around type guy.
He said " it is great to get off to a good start but then we are Miami that's what is supposed to happen."My gosh this guy gets it and it will surely translate to his players.

Advertisement
Amen. There’s no reason why Miami shouldn’t always be hosting a regional and be annual contenders for at least supers. Let’s hope this continues this year

I'm still withholding judgment, but so far so good for Gino's tenure. My biggest questions are:

1. Can he keep morale high, even when adversity hits? Because it will eventually get tougher.
  2. Is this early success a function of Gino being a good leader, or Morris retiring because he had lost his touch as a leader? Somewhere in between?
  3. Can we replicate this early success once we get into ACC play?
  4. Looking long-term, can Gino rebuild this team to the yearly postseason/Omaha runs that are the Miami standard?

I'm still withholding judgment, but so far so good for Gino's tenure. My biggest questions are:

1. Can he keep morale high, even when adversity hits? Because it will eventually get tougher.
  2. Is this early success a function of Gino being a good leader, or Morris retiring because he had lost his touch as a leader? Somewhere in between?
  3. Can we replicate this early success once we get into ACC play?
  4. Looking long-term, can Gino rebuild this team to the yearly postseason/Omaha runs that are the Miami standard?

Lofty goals and expectations but this looks like a take no prisoners type a guy he is like a bulldog in a china shop ready for the challenge. Wouldn't want to get that dude real mad at me. His players in interviews about the Gator seem very confident. They will play for Gino lots of good Karma.

Advertisement
I give him an A- thus far, with the defensive miscues being the only real weakness thus far. They are clearly better prepared, having good at-bats, lots of energy and fun being had, etc.

As everyone has said, this weekend will tell a lot, although I am not sure the Gators aren't over-ranked. They will have solid pitching as always; so, the key will be jumping on them with early runs.

Been around a long time I was a bat boy eight years old Ron was just starting his legendary coaching reign. Ive watched 2 post pressers with Gino and this guy is for real no fool around type guy.
He said " it is great to get off to a good start but then we are Miami that's what is supposed to happen."My gosh this guy gets it and it will surely translate to his players.

Yawn

We will see this weekend how "real deal" he is.

At this precise moment in time, no one knows the South Florida high-school baseball scene better than DiMare.

The fact that he hired Bascolm Palmer to institute batting drills, acquired analytics, studied and started incorporating "shifts" and secured funds for new batting cages, are great initial signs about his managerial acumen.

My biggest concern is his motivation. At present he is highly motivated, but how long will this last? He is obscenely wealthy and is raising four young children, so his inclination towards "75-hour work weeks" may wane....

Advertisement
Florida got hammered by USF and UNF this week. Perfect time to catch them going into Canesville.

I hope so...it might also be a time for them to rally themselves for the rivalry.

Again, we go up there and play like we are capable....2/3 is doable for sure.

I always care much more how we look 2/3rd through the season in the ACC stretch of teams we need to "hate"

I hope so...it might also be a time for them to rally themselves for the rivalry.

Again, we go up there and play like we are capable....2/3 is doable for sure.

I always care much more how we look 2/3rd through the season in the ACC stretch of teams we need to "hate"

We will certainly see their best arms, but getting drilled by UNF mid-week is favorable for us after getting embarrassed the night before.

Love the aggressive attitude from Gino and the players. Play hard and play aggressive and I’ll be happy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So......who here thinks Gino is the answer? I don't.
Kind of hard to say either way after just seven games. He certainly wasn’t my first choice, but he’s trying to do things differently enough from 3 that I’m willing to keep an open mind to see if he can make it work.

He certainly deserves a shot. Inside promotions can work if the one promoted has leadership qualities, e.g. everyone was freaking out when we hired Diaz right away vs a national search, but most now love the hire. Time will tell w DiMare.

He certainly can recruit, seems willing to adjust (shifts, allowing the talented freshmen to learn on the job, etc). My biggest concern is how the guys develop defensively. I actually think we are going to be fine offensively; the defense and bullpen are the biggest areas for development/improvement.

Advertisement
Back