Gino DiMare Talks Recruiting

Well none of our signees have been picked in the first 73. Hopefully they keep falling and most of them make it to campus.

Advertisement
Draft update..

OF Matt Mcphearson selected in 4th round by DBacks
SP/1b J.D. Underwood selected in 5th round by Dodgers

Advertisement
Underwood is gone, has already said he is signing.

McPhearson...given our track record, he is 99% gone. Highest drafted kid I can remember coming to campus is Weeks, who was a 7th rounder. Last Top 5 rounder I remember is Kiki Bengochea.

That actually looks like a UM class. Gino did a good job of getting kids who are draft worthy, but not good enough to go in the top 10 rounds. I find it interesting that they want to recruit OOS more. Everything you need is in the tri county area. Rediculous amount of talent. THey just haven't been signing the right south florida kids, letting the good ones go to FSU and UF.

For example, you guys remember Dave DiNatale. His younger brother, Dalton, is a starting infielder for Arizona state, and is hitting over 300 as a freshman. We didn't even recruit him and he was dying to be a Cane.

Underwood is gone, has already said he is signing.

McPhearson...given our track record, he is 99% gone. Highest drafted kid I can remember coming to campus is Weeks, who was a 7th rounder. Last Top 5 rounder I remember is Kiki Bengochea.

Henderson was a first rounder and signed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back