Gimmicks

Advertisement
I`m not sure how the rest of you feel, but I say we drop ALL the gimmicks. No turnover chain and all the other crap until we learn to dominate again. Not a good look for a 6-6 team.
100% agree!!! No celebratory jewelry until we at least lock in the Coastal. If we win the Coastal, fine, but not until then. It's just goofy if you're not winning.

Advertisement
100% agree!!! No celebratory jewelry until we at least lock in the Coastal. If we win the Coastal, fine, but not until then. It's just goofy if you're not winning.
Winning the Coastal isn’t saying much. We may want to actually accomplish something of merit before launching any new “celebrations” - although even winning the Coastal would be a step up for this team and corches. I guess you have to start somewhere.

Turnover chain should have been retired after the FIU mascot rocked on social media. This **** needs a reboot!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure that the Turnover Chain should have ever been more than a 1 year trick pony....That being said, if it makes the players more enthusiastic....Not really for me, as a fan, to say what works for the actual players.....

As for the dancing and jumping around on the sidelines....What's the alternative....If the players were moping on the sidelines....Would that somehow be better....?

And, it's disingenuous to compare this year's team's sideline demeanor to that of 80s, 90s and early 00s teams...Those older Canes teams were almost always challenging for national titles....Any slip up could end those national title hopes....So, yeah, they were much more intense than this year's team that was basically playing for not much....

A lot of teams started doing other props/gimmicks for their turnovers once they saw the success and popularity of ours. I don’t know if other teams had something before us, but our turnover chain definitely caught the attention of the entire country.

I am not sure of this, but wasn’t our turnover chain prop voted best prop? I remember seeing something on ESPN during a game. I might be wrong.

I understand why we kept it going in 2018, but no way we should have brought it back for 2019 season. Instead, we added the touchdown knuckles. What a joke.

They both need to be retired.

Advertisement
Back