Getting In Trouble In Miami? Parents, please read!

Maskoff407

Recruit
To all the parents around south Florida joined by parents all over the country, fearing their son will get in trouble in Miami... please tell them to take a look at this article. Over the years, since I can remember, one of the very few gripes that parents had about UM is the possible trouble their sons might get into, because they think about Miami from their personal childhood... not modern time.

Now, the article below was compiled in 2016, but it is still relevant because Miami still has not reported one arrest since the article was— that I am aware of. In fact, according to another source, Miami was at the very bottom (122nd) for student-athlete arrest for the past 10 years out of all the D1 schools. The last official arrest that came with a charge was to Jawand Blue and Alex Figueroa in 2014. Then In 2016, Jahir Jones and Trevor Darling we’re detained more than they were arrested— there were no charges. As it stands today, 4 of the south Florida players that went on to play at UGA has been arrested or found themselves in trouble. James Cook, Latavious Brini, Tyrique Stevenson, and Divvad Wilson. Don’t want to even mention FSU, and OSU has had some as well.

I say all that to say this... parents need to understand that UM is not a place students are going off to get in trouble. They can do that anywhere.

https://247sports.com/Gallery/Colle...-have-had-the-most-players-arrested-43079607/

Advertisement
SEC dominates this list with Big 10 close behind. ACC is finally a winner here with just two schools.

Advertisement
You’ll never convince the rednecks who propagate the myth of Miami as a lawless program or the hayseeds from the north. They push that “thug” agenda as a euphemism to cloak their racism in fake facts. They’ll never get over tiny UM kicking their cornfed teeth out with a bunch of inner city black kids in the 80s—early 2000s.

Then you have the local pimp mommies who sell their kids to kkk bidders to “get them away from trouble.” The Haitian gangs and all the other goblins who were supposedly so dangerous and such a bad influence managed to find their pimped sons in redneck kkk toilets like Tuskkkaloosa and Athens and KKKainesville.

Fck em. Most of those pimped out bag chasers don’t amount to much. Stay tuned to the next episode of Pimp My Child though because it’ll continue to be a hit show.

You’ll never convince the rednecks who propagate the myth of Miami as a lawless program or the hayseeds from the north. They push that “thug” agenda as a euphemism to cloak their racism in fake facts. They’ll never get over tiny UM kicking their cornfed teeth out with a bunch of inner city black kids in the 80s—early 2000s.

Then you have the local pimp mommies who sell their kids to kkk bidders to “get them away from trouble.” The Haitian gangs and all the other goblins who were supposedly so dangerous and such a bad influence managed to find their pimped sons in redneck kkk toilets like Tuskkkaloosa and Athens and KKKainesville.

Fck em. Most of those pimped out bag chasers don’t amount to much. Stay tuned to the next episode of Pimp My Child though because it’ll continue to be a hit show.

Isn't that show on Velocity or HGTV?

Advertisement
an updated list would be nice from the reporter. however, I think that reporter got fired last year when a lady publicly showed a bunch of his txt messages sexually harassing her. I think this may be the same reporter if I remember correctly

To all the parents around south Florida joined by parents all over the country, fearing their son will get in trouble in Miami... please tell them to take a look at this article. Over the years, since I can remember, one of the very few gripes that parents had about UM is the possible trouble their sons might get into, because they think about Miami from their personal childhood... not modern time.

Now, the article below was compiled in 2016, but it is still relevant because Miami still has not reported one arrest since the article was— that I am aware of. In fact, according to another source, Miami was at the very bottom (122nd) for student-athlete arrest for the past 10 years out of all the D1 schools. The last official arrest that came with a charge was to Jawand Blue and Alex Figueroa in 2014. Then In 2016, Jahir Jones and Trevor Darling we’re detained more than they were arrested— there were no charges. As it stands today, 4 of the south Florida players that went on to play at UGA has been arrested or found themselves in trouble. James Cook, Latavious Brini, Tyrique Stevenson, and Divvad Wilson. Don’t want to even mention FSU, and OSU has had some as well.

I say all that to say this... parents need to understand that UM is not a place students are going off to get in trouble. They can do that anywhere.

https://247sports.com/Gallery/Colle...-have-had-the-most-players-arrested-43079607/

Leach and Campbell....I see you

Not at all surprised by the list except for maybe #1 being #1. The Pirate leaves his legacy.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Any parent dumb enough to think their kid will get it more trouble at Miami than they would any football factory program across this nation—almost as insane as anyone who would start a thread on this message board with the belief that a parent reading some gibberish article here would give them some eureka moment that would make a difference.

"Holy s**t, I wasn't gonna let my kid go to Miami play—because, you know, it's so dangerous and all—but then I read some nonsensical post on a UM message board and all my fears were instantly quelled. Play on, son. Enjoy the Magic City. No idea what I was so worried about all these years before that article..."

Advertisement
People decide what they want then justify it. Parents want that payday or for their kid to see more of the country or whatever. Once they've decided that, they support it with whatever arguments are close at hand. So if you live in Miami and want your kid to leave you say it's to keep him out of trouble. Sprinkle in a few more things that school X has that Miami doesn't and you're good to go.

Much like in politics, I don't think showing people stats is going to change many minds.

That isn't anyone's position to determine that
Lol, we all see where you stand.
That makes you as worthless as all those greedy *** parents using their kids to try and advance themselves, aside from actually learning how to grind on their own.

In other words lazy as ****

Advertisement
Back