Get Nelson and we are set

…and which one of those esteemed contributors is going to tell Mario to stay out of the offense? Because that’s a bigger problem than the lack of QB.
Well agree with you on that. With that said, prior to TVD getting injured at UNC the offense was opened up a lot more, then it appears that it was opened up again last couple games of the year after TVD supposedly finally recovered. I truthfully believe the offense got limited due to TVD injuries and him being a turnover machine. Obviously the offense was limited when Williams and Brown played as well. Also, TVD had his tendencies of locking on to primary receivers and he was greedy often throwing deeper into double and triple coverage vs taking what was given to him. Second and third options were very often running wide open and he didn't bother to check down to them. It has already been established that TVD had a love affair with throwing to him roommate Restrepo.

Advertisement
Jucurri is not the answer. Sorry. Emory isn’t ready. And Judd Anderson is a board favorite. Not…..not having a QB is beyond ridiculous.

Nelson is overrated as ****. Stop following stars and go talk to some USC people
how is nelson overrated as ****?

you don't know what you're talking about. you're in your feelings about ward not coming and you probably need to step away from the computer for a while

how is nelson overrated as ****?

you don't know what you're talking about. you're in your feelings about ward not coming and you probably need to step away from the computer for a while
i know more then you do with respect to this player. But after reading your post, I’ve now changed my stance and am on your side. That’s how little I give a **** about what you have to say. #Nelsonthesavior

Nico is looking real good today for Tennessee. Nelson was rated higher than him. We would be in great shape for the future with him, our stable of backs, our OL and young receivers.

Don’t ***** this up Mario!

On what service? ESPN? Nico was arguably the best QB coming out last year. To my untrained eyes Nico was the best. Not sure what we’re getting with Nelson, but this is a make or break year for Mario, and think we’re taking a chance if we go this route, but not sure what choice he has and I’m not getting paid millions to make the decision. That ward decision hurts.

Maybe we can convince sheduer to leave his dad.

Jucurri is not the answer. Sorry. Emory isn’t ready. And Judd Anderson is a board favorite. Not…..not having a QB is beyond ridiculous.

Nelson is overrated as ****. Stop following stars and go talk to some USC people
You make too much sense.

Advertisement
I’m sure people are enamored by the high rating he had out of hs. But usc didn’t sweat losing him. The kid skipped practices and isn’t good in the locker room. The last thing we need is another jarren Williams type. We need a good qb and a leader
Some that are in Nelson’s balls because he was a 5 star should read this. Exactly what I was told but there’s more. Attitude ain’t there either.

Advertisement
i know more then you do with respect to this player. But after reading your post, I’ve now changed my stance and am on your side. That’s how little I give a **** about what you have to say. #Nelsonthesavior
After reading your post, I've now changed my stance. I believe strongly that you don't know more than anyone about anything.

Well agree with you on that. With that said, prior to TVD getting injured at UNC the offense was opened up a lot more, then it appears that it was opened up again last couple games of the year after TVD supposedly finally recovered. I truthfully believe the offense got limited due to TVD injuries and him being a turnover machine. Obviously the offense was limited when Williams and Brown played as well. Also, TVD had his tendencies of locking on to primary receivers and he was greedy often throwing deeper into double and triple coverage vs taking what was given to him. Second and third options were very often running wide open and he didn't bother to check down to them. It has already been established that TVD had a love affair with throwing to him roommate Restrepo.
Amen to all that.

The talent is there. Bring him in along with a veteran QB. See if he cleans up his act but don’t put all of your eggs in his basket.

We are no position to be saying no to 5 star QB talent since we can’t recruit our own out of high school.

Advertisement
Anybody supporting a move to bring in Nelson as the primary QB to start this year is not thinking logically.

It has already been mentioned here on CIS that the boosters are throwing $ at this QB situation because they know we have to be good this year and you can't count on an incoming QB with minimal starting experience to do that. It was mentioned that they are sick of losing and know they have to win due to having a better choice of conferences to join if/when they exit the ACC.

Can you confirm @DMoney @Cribby
don't think anyone is supporting it but there's ultimately 1 day left for any realistic qb that we would go after to enter the protal

if they don't, then the preferred "bring in a solid veteran QB1" option isn't really on the table

nobody would be thrilled about malachi nelson short term, but with howard likely gone, ward gone, Jefferson gone, and no other solidified qb's currently in the portal.. it's not so much what we prefer, but what is actually a possibility at this point

Emory or jacurri has game experience and they both throw dimes
John C Reilly Seriously GIF

Advertisement
Some that are in Nelson’s balls because he was a 5 star should read this. Exactly what I was told but there’s more. Attitude ain’t there either.
Sounds like without saying he has a drug problem, You're saying he has a drug problem...

don't think anyone is supporting it but there's ultimately 1 day left for any realistic qb that we would go after to enter the protal

if they don't, then the preferred "bring in a solid veteran QB1" option isn't really on the table

nobody would be thrilled about malachi nelson short term, but with howard likely gone, ward gone, Jefferson gone, and no other solidified qb's currently in the portal.. it's not so much what we prefer, but what is actually a possibility at this point
You get 5 days following your last contest so anybody who played today (e.g., Salter) has an additional 5 days to enter the Portal.

Advertisement
Back