Get Nelson and we are set

Advertisement
Some fans are so delusional to call him a bum. USC is a QB factory which is obvious by their QB play in the bowl. So no matter his ranking, he was a true freshman on a team with other great QBs waiting their turn. We have the opportunity to have a young talent at QB that’s been learning under Lincoln Riley for the next 3-4 years. I’ll take that over a 1 year rental any day.

Yeah...#1 five star QB last year....but that was High School.
You really don't know what you have with him. It's a gamble for sure.
Exactly, 1-3 for 0 yards passing in college career. Potential, but who know what he will become.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
we didn’t need a 1 year rental at the end of the day. We needed someone to develop stability. Nelson starts game 1 and we have him 2-3 years. Clearly better than anyone else on the roster coming in with Lincoln Riley development and watching Caleb every single day in practice.
Every post I see you make is just bad take after bad take. It’s astounding.

Moore was willing to sit so he is at Oregon, Nelson might want to play now so both might not be an option. We’ll see now that he’s target #1
Yea because he's in an offense that's very favorable for qbs of his caliber. That's why Lanning got his qb room lock up early in the process.

Bo Nix wasn't a day 1 prospect before transferring into Oregon. I believe that was Lanning biggest win during his tenure at Oregon.

We really judging this guy based off a bad spring game as a true freshman when he should of still been in high school?

Its fair to at least enter that into evidence for the purpose of this thread/debate. You have half of the folks in this thread calling to sign and go with Nelson as our 2024 QB. That spring game is the only film of him going against a college defense (other than 3 passes in mop up duty).

So while its not the end all, it’s fair to look at it. We dont have much else to judge him off of.

Advertisement
Getting him would be like keeping rashada from last year
We would be expecting rashada to start this year
I think a year under Riley is better than a year under Mario
Sign this kid and then focus on stacking the rest of the roster

A take as a sit-and-develop prospect. Walk in and start? No.

nelson-touchdown.gif

Advertisement
Back