Get Nelson and we are set

Advertisement
People against taking him in are delusional and clueless lol. You bring him in for competition, which Mario messed up on last season. He needed to bring in a qb to compete with TVD. Mario always harps on heavy competition/depth for every position except qb apparently
i'm not against it i'm just asking what he brings to the table.

Advertisement
People turning up their nose at a borderline 5 star qb who didn’t play but those same people wanted a similarly ranked Dante Moore who played, and played badly

If Howard is lost then Nelson is immediately next best available in the portal

I’m hoping we can get both.Howard for next year,Nelson for the next 2 until nickel is ready..

we didn’t need a 1 year rental at the end of the day. We needed someone to develop stability. Nelson starts game 1 and we have him 2-3 years. Clearly better than anyone else on the roster coming in with Lincoln Riley development and watching Caleb every single day in practice.
I always said we needed a QB long term n not some one yr rental. The ACC is weak AF people's. Sorry to say we didn't need Cam Ward. We need to be playing the long term game. A decent QB will get us 10 wins next yr. But with Mario we will end up with 7 to 8 at the most

Advertisement
I’m hoping we can get both.Howard for next year,Nelson for the next 2 until nickel is ready..
Moore was willing to sit so he is at Oregon, Nelson might want to play now so both might not be an option. We’ll see now that he’s target #1

Advertisement
we didn’t need a 1 year rental at the end of the day. We needed someone to develop stability. Nelson starts game 1 and we have him 2-3 years. Clearly better than anyone else on the roster coming in with Lincoln Riley development and watching Caleb every single day in practice.

I think Kaidon Salter has two years of eligibility. So Cristobal will have to out-weasel Freeze and call Salter right now while he's standing on the sidelines in the Oregon - Liberty game. But reality is that any QB we get who is draft eligible might end up being a 1 yr rental if he has an outstanding season.

Not worth the nil money. Better options but take if he will come for a scholarship and 1/2 of the nil he wants

Advertisement
He'd have to win the job. I know some of yall LOVE to dunk on Jacurri, but he's made improvement and who is to say he won't continue to develop by Spring or Fall?

Same for Emory.

Nelson has shown nothing so far that says he can come right in here and be a Day 1 starter.
Bring him in though and have a QB competition!

Advertisement
Back