Get Meiko Dotson and Jabril Cox

JOE'CANE

Senior
I know our offense has got to improve but we can really get into that elite status on Defense if we add these guys.

I think moise is done at this point, lets get immediate contributors. A 10 win season with this 21 cycle can be program changing.

Advertisement
How many guys could we take? A quality tackle if out there is pretty **** important right now.
I think all of the quality guys have signed somewhere. Our line will be better just with the scheme change. Both Cox n Dotson are really good. Cox has elite size and speed and Dotson is an elite ballhawk.

Combine that with our Rosseau, Roche, Phillips pass rush and our defense can be top 5 again.

Advertisement
thanks. but there are already threads on these guys. use the search function.
This is for you if you want it. If you have suggestions I can make changes.

05F8C2BA-C2AE-4BD2-891A-85E1483698BE.gif

Jabril Cox is a Grad Transfer LB originally from Kansas City, spent his last 3 years at FCS powerhouse North Dakota St.

Had 92tcks 9.5TFL's, 5.5 sacks 7PBU's & 1INT his Junior season last year & is leaving ND St with 158 total tackles 32TFL's 14 sacks 6INT's 18PBU's & 2 pick 6's.

He's a legit NFL caliber LB that will no doubt get drafted in the mid rounds next year.

A big 6'3 233 WLB that is excellent in drop back Zone coverage, a terrific tackler, has very good long stride speed sideline to sideline & plays with high football IQ diagnosing plays very well & consistently getting to the ball.

He's got terrific length, is a tough battle tested LB that is scheme versatile & can play all both spots from Weak Side or Strong side, plays in a traditional 4-3 up in ND St.

Now, I already know what some of you will say, "No! He sucks, we don't need him! Gotta develop the guys we already got! If he was any good how come he's not playing for a FBS program!"... But, given our lack of depth at LB & the fact we're still running Ragu out there to get snaps I don't see why he's not worth a look.

I don't think we will bring him with only 1 scholly left & more pressing needs at OT, but this kid would be an amazing addition to this Defense.

Now whether or not we're interested or he's interested remains to be seen. Texas coaches have already begun following him, the HC at K State Chris Klieman recruited & coached him at ND St for his first two seasons, Oklahoma who just recently hired Jamar Cain from AZ St who used to coach at ND St, has also been mentioned to be interested, as well as SEC schools like Bama, Mizzou, TAMU, LSU & many others.

Jabril Cox is a Grad Transfer LB originally from Kansas City, spent his last 3 years at FCS powerhouse North Dakota St.

Had 92tcks 9.5TFL's, 5.5 sacks 7PBU's & 1INT his Junior season last year & is leaving ND St with 158 total tackles 32TFL's 14 sacks 6INT's 18PBU's & 2 pick 6's.

He's a legit NFL caliber LB that will no doubt get drafted in the mid rounds next year.

A big 6'3 233 WLB that is excellent in drop back Zone coverage, a terrific tackler, has very good long stride speed sideline to sideline & plays with high football IQ diagnosing plays very well & consistently getting to the ball.

He's got terrific length, is a tough battle tested LB that is scheme versatile & can play all both spots from Weak Side or Strong side, plays in a traditional 4-3 up in ND St.

Now, I already know what some of you will say, "No! He sucks, we don't need him! Gotta develop the guys we already got! If he was any good how come he's not playing for a FBS program!"... But, given our lack of depth at LB & the fact we're still running Ragu out there to get snaps I don't see why he's not worth a look.

I don't think we will bring him with only 1 scholly left & more pressing needs at OT, but this kid would be an amazing addition to this Defense.

Now whether or not we're interested or he's interested remains to be seen. Texas coaches have already begun following him, the HC at K State Chris Klieman recruited & coached him at ND St for his first two seasons, Oklahoma who just recently hired Jamar Cain from AZ St who used to coach at ND St, has also been mentioned to be interested, as well as SEC schools like Bama, Mizzou, TAMU, LSU & many others.

Dude is legit, reminds me abit of that tall Bama Backer Rolando McClain. Thanks for the info. These 2 guys should seriously be considered.

Advertisement

That walkon Ragone or w.e. should NEVER see the field here. Versus GT I was calling the plays from the seats when he was in the game. They would either run it wide or throw it to the flat on his side bc he couldnt get there. The one time he got there he missed the tackle smh. He is a G5 backup at best.

Anyone know where we stand with the archaic 25/85 scholly rule now?
No idea how many we have available to give now.

That walkon Ragone or w.e. should NEVER see the field here. Versus GT I was calling the plays from the seats when he was in the game. They would either run it wide or throw it to the flat on his side bc he couldnt get there. The one time he got there he missed the tackle smh. He is a G5 backup at best.
That’s why he’s a walk-on. He’s not even a G5 level player. I can’t imagine a guy who could be on scholarship at a G5 school would be paying tuition to go to Miami.

Advertisement
That’s why he’s a walk-on. He’s not even a G5 level player. I can’t imagine a guy who could be on scholarship at a G5 school would be paying tuition to go to Miami.
Rudy Syndrome maybe the kids dream was to be a cane, maybe he comes from money, maybe he has academic scholarships, who knows. Either was shouldnt be on the field vs GT.

I have watched Jabril Cox every game for the past three years. He is a 6'3" 235 athlete. He was a QB in high school, NDSU moved him to OLB. He is a LB that can do it all. I would say he was the FCS equivalent to Isaiah Simmons for Clemson.

NDSU has produced a lot of talent over the last 10 years during their title runs. He might be the most gifted kid that has been in our program. That is included Carson Wentz (#2 draft pick).

People will be having this same conversation about Trey Lance, NDSU's QB in two more years. I wouldn't be shocked if grad transfers also.

I would love for him to join the U, but I don't see it.LSU is said to be the favorite. Bo Pelini coached at Youngstown against Cox for the past 3 years. After every game, Pelini would rave about Jabril. As soon as his name hit the portal, Pelni has been in contact. Kansas St is also a fit for him. Jabril's former head coach, Chris Klieman and his staff recruited and brought him to NDSU. Other names we have heard are to be serious contenders are Baylor and Texas. I am guessing there will be more teams involved.

Advertisement
I have watched Jabril Cox every game for the past three years. He is a 6'3" 235 athlete. He was a QB in high school, NDSU moved him to OLB. He is a LB that can do it all. I would say he was the FCS equivalent to Isaiah Simmons for Clemson.

NDSU has produced a lot of talent over the last 10 years during their title runs. He might be the most gifted kid that has been in our program. That is included Carson Wentz (#2 draft pick).

People will be having this same conversation about Trey Lance, NDSU's QB in two more years. I wouldn't be shocked if grad transfers also.

I would love for him to join the U, but I don't see it.LSU is said to be the favorite. Bo Pelini coached at Youngstown against Cox for the past 3 years. After every game, Pelini would rave about Jabril. As soon as his name hit the portal, Pelni has been in contact. Kansas St is also a fit for him. Jabril's former head coach, Chris Klieman and his staff recruited and brought him to NDSU. Other names we have heard are to be serious contenders are Baylor and Texas. I am guessing there will be more teams involved.
Thanks for the insight

Was just at an FAU workout with some friends on the team... asked what’s up with Dotson and said he told them he was coming back to FAU but hasn’t showed to any meetings or workouts, so they don’t know what’s going on either. They also told me the only reason why he wasn’t a starter last year was because he had a nagging injury, for those who want to hold that against him

Advertisement
Back