Gerald Willis #32

Advertisement
I dont see him in round one. He has RD1 talent, but everything else is a red flag. 1 year of tape, 23yo and UM struggled to stop the run. Maybe if he kills it at the combine he could sneak into the first, but I dont see it

Advertisement
I usually hate the Pats, but the Pats just got four former Canes some bling so I'm Gucci w/ them now. If they get Willis, I'll really be OK w/ them unless they played the Bears. I tend to root for teams that are heavy w/ former Canes.

Speaking of rings; for those in the know, do our trophy room highlight all of the Super Bowl Champions we've produced w/ replica rings by their names? If not, that would be another recruiting tool.

I was kind of half listening to McShay while I was trying for the 500th time since November to set my digital watch back an hour...and I thought I heard him say...Kyler Murray to the Fins at #13....Not so sure how I feel about Murray, but I would **** sure be in favor of abolishing daylight savings time...freaking watch buttons...

Google.com, YouTube.com, wikihow.com

I dont see him in round one. He has RD1 talent, but everything else is a red flag. 1 year of tape, 23yo and UM struggled to stop the run. Maybe if he kills it at the combine he could sneak into the first, but I dont see it

I agree with this. Most teams won't consider him in the first round. There is simply too much risk with an overaged guy with off field concerns and who has done it for only one season. That's the proper way to look at it if you are assigning value within market conditions.

Obviously it only takes one team to disagree and pull the trigger early. But I'm not sure players like Willis realize they can't merely turn it on for one year and move to the top of the list. I don't think his agency grasps that type of thing, from some of the comments I've seen posted here. Those agencies should always try to line up guys who have been elite throughout.

I assume that #32 pick is to the Patriots. If so, Willis is going to really have to impress Bill Belichick during the interview process. Belichick doesn't draft jerks any more.

"But according to Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer, Belichick explained this key roster philosophy to him, and it's actually quite simple.

"I'm always amazed how he takes the non-stars and makes them stars," Meyer said while introducing Belichick at an Ohio State football clinic in April (via landof10.com). "He takes these players that you haven't really heard much about and all of a sudden they're making great plays in the biggest games of the year.

"I started asking him about it and he made this point to me, and I shared this with our team. He said: 'At this point in my career, I want to coach guys I like. I want to coach guys I want to be around and that's it, and I'm not going to coach anybody else.'"

Advertisement

We were 23rd in the country in rushing defense and that was skewed by a huge game against Wisconsin that Willis didn’t play in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back