Gerald Mincey

thats what im saying i think he can be good

I’m with you. Was quotin you based on who you were quoting.

And as far as Lu said, shoulders are the worst. It’s basically like a hip. Ended Bo Jackson, and as far as pitchers go, they would always want elbow injury over shoulder. Shoulders are very difficult to come back from.

He’s young enough and had labrum issue but the strength needed to play there takes much longer to regain than a year. He was basically starting from scratch again last year. Plus it’s not just the shoulder, it impacts him working out the entire body. Bench is impacted, shoulders obviously, incline bench, any dumbbell work, rows, squats, cleans, dead lifts etc.

Advertisement
Look at the class rankings and the only teams with better rated OL hauls would be the teams ranked ahead of us or right with us. It'd be hard for anyone to catch up. Could it be top 7 or 8 at the end instead of 5? sure. However, it has nothing to do with a new staff or a current situation.
Say the OL improves drastically under Barry and we end up with our current OL class plus either Dumervil, McLaughlin, and or Walker--is that still a top 5 haul? That is more or less what I'm saying.

OL is a crap shoot you guys gotta put the Xanax down... just grab some more athletic types.

I seen Rankins in person last year. He is built the right way and looked pretty good in pass pro. Elijah Roberts is the only 1 that really beat him. If Rankins is in this class i'd like it

Do you know how hard the staff is pursuing him? And whether he has significant interest in us?

Advertisement
I liked him too. Gibbons is dead to me
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: the vibe at Gibbons is very SEC/state college oriented. Roughly 70% of the school’s graduates go to UF/FSU/Bama.

Both their students and high profile student-athletes are all pushed in the direction of those schools. Most years, the valedictorian (including this year) goes to UF despite getting accepted to more prestigious places.

The coaches are great and the place is great, but the culture is all about state schools in a college town, and frankly it’s a bit close-minded.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: the vibe at Gibbons is very SEC/state college oriented. Roughly 70% of the school’s graduates go to UF/FSU/Bama.

Both their students and high profile student-athletes are all pushed in the direction of those schools. Most years, the valedictorian (including this year) goes to UF despite getting accepted to more prestigious places.

The coaches are great and the place is great, but the culture is all about state schools in a college town, and frankly it’s a bit close-minded.

Well then that place sucks

We talked about this guy during the camp circuit. He was the only OL who could block Donnell Harris.

One of his old coaches described him to me like this: “He has physical tools and he’s a d1ck. That’s a rare combo.”
Yes please!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back