Georgia Tech Game 2

What a game! God bless ESPN 3. I have watched nearly every game this year because of it. With the new born, it’s impossible for me to make it to the Light.

Advertisement
We desperately need a defensive coach on staff. The recruiting coordinator/catchers coach isn’t a defensive guru (though he’s done great with Amditis), the volunteer asst coach from Illini St is an offensive guy. We need a former cane to come back and volunteer to coach up this defense, because it’s bad.

The lineup I’d like to see is

Lala
Zamara
Del Castillo
Gil
Toral
Villar
Cloonan/Tuero
Amditis
Tuero/Cloonan

And JD Arteaga has his work cut out for him with this bullpen. Gates hasn’t performed like they were hoping, and Veliz, Gates, and Federman are all too wild.

We desperately need a defensive coach on staff. The recruiting coordinator/catchers coach isn’t a defensive guru (though he’s done great with Amditis), the volunteer asst coach from Illini St is an offensive guy. We need a former cane to come back and volunteer to coach up this defense, because it’s bad.

Lala
Zamara
Del Castillo
Gil
Toral
Villar
Cloonan/Tuero
Amditis
Tuero/Cloonan

And JD Arteaga has his work cut out for him with this bullpen. Gates hasn’t performed like they were hoping, and Veliz, Gates, and Federman are all too wild.

Honestly, a defensive coach at this level doesn’t fix the things that we have trouble with. If you can’t field a ground ball at this point in your life, then you just can’t field a ground ball. It all goes back to recruiting. We find guys who hit bombs in travel ball games. Period.

Honestly, a defensive coach at this level doesn’t fix the things that we have trouble with. If you can’t field a ground ball at this point in your life, then you just can’t field a ground ball. It all goes back to recruiting. We find guys who hit bombs in travel ball games. Period.

i agree with this.

either you evaluate well, or you don't.

but i do take exception to one thing: you CAN get better defensively. but you have to coach it, and you have to work at it.

The negativity on this board and with this team is insane. This has been a fun series. McKendry and McMahon were less than stellar from their usual starts. McMahon struggled out of the stretch and pitched an inning too long. It happens. This young team battled back and won an important conference game. We were absolutely embarrassed by Georgia Tech last year in Atlanta. We are a work in progress a quarter of the way into the season. We are 11-3. Last year at this time we were 7-7.

Advertisement

Lala
Zamara
Del Castillo
Gil
Toral
Villar
Cloonan/Tuero
Amditis
Tuero/Cloonan

Defensive coach? LMAO this is not football.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back