Georgia State DL transfer Thomas Gore COMMITS

Could we have had Hurts? I seriously doubt we ever led for him. The fact that we allowed the visit meant we wanted him.

He was already on OU and even Saban endorsed Riley. He came for a visit, but he would've been a fool to come here versus OU with Riley and their productivity at QB.

Advertisement
Could’ve had Hurts…

IMG_1497.jpeg

Dying Laughing Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

@cway313 might have an argument here…unfortunately, none of our portal acquisitions have been bonafide studs that can completely change a game. Cohen and Lee are very good OL, but that won’t cut it.

Good additions but not studs: Porter, Deen, Kiko, Parrish.

- Mesidor: always hurt (unfortunate)
- Cloyd: decent
- Ajay Allen: decent
- McCormack: decent
- Jaden Davis: serviceable but limited
- Richard, Davonte Brown, Gore, Campbell, Lichtenstein, Terry Roberts, Ladson, Harrell, Moultrie, Agude, Denis, Sagapolu, Caleb Johnson etc. all massive disappointments or limited impact.

On paper our transfers were better than the results. Manny had Phillips, Roche, Stevenson, King, Osborn, Rambo, Borregales, even Bubba Bolden was somewhat instant impact.

We need to be doing a top tier job in the portal if we’re going to patch up this roster, especially along DL and DB. So far, evals are not cutting it…

@cway313 might have an argument here…unfortunately, none of our portal acquisitions have been bonafide studs that can completely change a game. Cohen and Lee are very good OL, but that won’t cut it.

- Richard, Davonte Brown, Gore, Campbell, Lichtenstein, Terry Roberts, Ladson, Harrell, Moultrie, Agude, Denis, Sagapolu, Caleb Johnson etc. all massive disappointments or limited impact.

On paper our transfers were better than the results. Manny had Phillips, Roche, Stevenson, King, Osborn, Rambo, Borregales, even Bubba Bolden was somewhat instant impact.

We need to be doing a top tier job in the portal if we’re going to patch up this roster, especially along DL and DB. So far, evals are not cutting it…
Might? lol.

Advertisement

Manny didn't have KJ. that was richt I believe.

Why is this even controversial? Of that entire Mannio list not a single guy gets drafted before round 3. What is the argument?

Advertisement
Advertisement
They was doggin Dean yesterday smh
Him and Gore I did not like but I understood they needed depth. This next HS DL class can’t get here soon enough. We need them to all play and it sucks some may not be ready to play early but they have to. Going to look a lot different next year but our S spot is weak only Zaquan is the true star.

Advertisement
It's not that every OL or DL has to be 5,4 stars. Go look at mid level SEC or Big10 teams Missouri S.Car Iowa Wisc. They may have 3 stars but they big. Miami got pass rushers but not run stoppers. Even Marley Cook light in the *** 298lb. He'll get sacks but they'll run right through him. This go back to the Miami vs Nebraska days, but the difference is Miami not only was faster (overrated) Miami had dawg in them ( no Cam Wards or opt out types). They had guys like X, Rohan Marley was a dime a dozen it's the mentality. You see any UGA opt outs Kirby said CFP or not every bowl count. Every since that Baylor loss. Same with Bama vs KSU last yr. Winners don't opt out. We need team guys 3,4,5 star **** your NIL best character guy plays. Recruiting with no structure = Texas A&M with Jimbo.

It's always going to be injuries...but not just talent culture shows up. Arizona Kansas State NC state do way more with less than us. No don't fire Mario just hold him accountable. Stay out the OC face and hire a California or Texas Qb coach. Talent alone is not a recipe it's a ingredient. Ask Kirby about Saban. Boston about the Heat. You have to coach.

Gore looked like the Gore I saw last Spring when he was getting folded like a beach chair.

As the season progressed, I thought it was our OL being great (which it was to some extent), then I saw that against UL and again yesterday.

The guy doesn’t belong at this level of football.

Advertisement
Back