Georgia Puppy Dog tears

Advertisement
Georgia is an ideal example of nouveau riche. Awfully arrogant for a team that haven't won anything in nearly 40 years. They can get all the talent in the world with their bag$ but corch smart still hasn't proven anything yet.

From what I've heard/read Perry and Bertrand will be "processed" or pushed out. DeBary has said for a while now that Perry and Bertrand will not be in the class for UGA. Most seem to think its because UGA feels good about Lewis Cine and Kaiir Elam or Kyle Hamilton for the flip. Of course it could all be sour grapes since most fans can't seem to believe a kid could possibly not want to go to their school. Of Perry and Bertrand, Bertrand concerns me the most since he's childhood friends with Goede (4* TE) and Blaylock (5*WR). The current thought is it won't affect Blaylock and Goede, but who knows since a reporter said Haselwood was solid and then he immediately flipped.

Perry just backed off his commitment.
Yep, and if the info is correct then Bertrand should be next. It looks like Kirby can't sell early playing time any more, so the only way to keep recruiting like he has been is to win. UGA has taken a step back this year, but its not showing with how bad the SECe is. Coaches can only sell the new coach pitch and early playing time for so long. It'll be interesting to see where he goes from here.

Advertisement
From what I've heard/read Perry and Bertrand will be "processed" or pushed out. DeBary has said for a while now that Perry and Bertrand will not be in the class for UGA. Most seem to think its because UGA feels good about Lewis Cine and Kaiir Elam or Kyle Hamilton for the flip. Of course it could all be sour grapes since most fans can't seem to believe a kid could possibly not want to go to their school. Of Perry and Bertrand, Bertrand concerns me the most since he's childhood friends with Goede (4* TE) and Blaylock (5*WR). The current thought is it won't affect Blaylock and Goede, but who knows since a reporter said Haselwood was solid and then he immediately flipped.
What yall hearing about Tyrique over there? Some people in your boards say hes a puppy while others say he's a cane

What yall hearing about Tyrique over there? Some people in your boards say hes a puppy while others say he's a cane
It looks like he's trending to Miami right now. Not too long ago most thought he was a UGA lock, but that seems to be changing. Miami definitely has some recruiting momentum right now. UGA had that momentum late last year and it snowballed. If Miami wins the ACC I could see them having the same big early signing day UGA did.

Yep, and if the info is correct then Bertrand should be next. It looks like Kirby can't sell early playing time any more, so the only way to keep recruiting like he has been is to win. UGA has taken a step back this year, but its not showing with how bad the SECe is. Coaches can only sell the new coach pitch and early playing time for so long. It'll be interesting to see where he goes from here.

He is definitely benefiting from a garbage SEC east. Florida and Kentucky are their hardest matchups. They still have Auburn also. I don’t see them going undefeated until the SEc championship.

He is definitely benefiting from a garbage SEC east. Florida and Kentucky are their hardest matchups. They still have Auburn also. I don’t see them going undefeated until the SEc championship.
No honest UGA fan thinks we'll go to the SECC without a loss. LSU, Auburn, and Kentucky are all tossups and Jake Fromm has not looked good this year. On third and longs this year he is 1-14 with 3 fumbles, 2 interceptions, and 4 sacks. Fromm can be a great game manager when he has a good defense and running game to lean on, but we aren't as strong there this year. Fields is obviously the future and for some reason isn't getting more looks. That's part of the reason Haselwood decommitted. That and the fact that Kirby got a 5* WR transfer in DRob who has 0 catches so far this season. He scored on a 78 yard sweep his first touch then got 3 yards on the next and that's it.

Advertisement
I wouldn't be surprised if one of these recruits or current players blows the smoke up on smart and uga

I can see smart ****ing one of them off quite easily

**** by the sounds of it, it may already be happening

No honest UGA fan thinks we'll go to the SECC without a loss. LSU, Auburn, and Kentucky are all tossups and Jake Fromm has not looked good this year. On third and longs this year he is 1-14 with 3 fumbles, 2 interceptions, and 4 sacks. Fromm can be a great game manager when he has a good defense and running game to lean on, but we aren't as strong there this year. Fields is obviously the future and for some reason isn't getting more looks. That's part of the reason Haselwood decommitted. That and the fact that Kirby got a 5* WR transfer in DRob who has 0 catches so far this season. He scored on a 78 yard sweep his first touch then got 3 yards on the next and that's it.

Why do you think Fields hasn't seen the field more? I get two things from what I have read:

1. He is a freshman and although really physically gifted, he doesn't have the offense down and the other game management stuff where it needs to be. No different from most freshmen but not good enough for the expectations of the fans who want to see him on the field

2. Kirby has some real loyalty to Fromm and his dad.

Why do you think Fields hasn't seen the field more? I get two things from what I have read:

1. He is a freshman and although really physically gifted, he doesn't have the offense down and the other game management stuff where it needs to be. No different from most freshmen but not good enough for the expectations of the fans who want to see him on the field

Too bad his younger brother committed to Auburn lol

Advertisement

Not that I care about anything bad happening to them, but Curby needs to be reeeeal careful with how he handles that Fields and Fromm situation. He's stepping onto a potential third rail if you catch my drift. Last thing that good ol boy needs is those kind of problems and questions.

Not that I care about anything bad happening to them, but Curby needs to be reeeeal careful with how he handles that Fields and Fromm situation. He's stepping onto a potential third rail if you catch my drift. Last thing that good ol boy needs is those kind of problems and questions.

Oh its coming. Wait until they take a loss!

I think its a bit of both. My little brother played baseball at Harrison with Fields and he ran into his dad a few weeks ago and the dad said the only reason Fields isn't starting right now is politics. Maybe Kirby made that promise to Fields or the dad is just biased, but last week while Fromm was QB the biggest play on offense was a 41 yard fumble recovery for a TD by the TE. Even if Fields isn't ready for the presnap reads Fromm can make his legs more than make up for it. Fromm has been miserable on the deep ball this year and has padded his stats with slants and bubble screens to Mecole Hardman. Really that's the Fromm camp's biggest argument right now, his completion percentage. Maybe Kirby is scared to switch from a starter who is 18-2, but Saban would've lost the NC last year thinking like that. The offense moves better with Fields and his upside is much higher than Fromm's. There's also a rumor I've heard from some Auburn people that if Fields doesn't get more snaps he can pursue a hardship transfer due to the racist comment at the game. If he shows the NCAA that UGA has a racist culture around its sports, then he could transfer without penalty. That's just a rumor as of now, but that would be the most Georgia sports thing to possibly happen. Fields leaving UGA to win a heisman or NC at another school.

Advertisement
I think its a bit of both. My little brother played baseball at Harrison with Fields and he ran into his dad a few weeks ago and the dad said the only reason Fields isn't starting right now is politics. Maybe Kirby made that promise to Fields or the dad is just biased, but last week while Fromm was QB the biggest play on offense was a 41 yard fumble recovery for a TD by the TE. Even if Fields isn't ready for the presnap reads Fromm can make his legs more than make up for it. Fromm has been miserable on the deep ball this year and has padded his stats with slants and bubble screens to Mecole Hardman. Really that's the Fromm camp's biggest argument right now, his completion percentage. Maybe Kirby is scared to switch from a starter who is 18-2, but Saban would've lost the NC last year thinking like that. The offense moves better with Fields and his upside is much higher than Fromm's. There's also a rumor I've heard from some Auburn people that if Fields doesn't get more snaps he can pursue a hardship transfer due to the racist comment at the game. If he shows the NCAA that UGA has a racist culture around its sports, then he could transfer without penalty. That's just a rumor as of now, but that would be the most Georgia sports thing to possibly happen. Fields leaving UGA to win a heisman or NC at another school.
I honestly think that kirby didn't promise anything to fields. I think that fields thinks(maybe knows) that he is better than fromm. And he wasn't scared of the competition. He probably is better. Bama, clemson, and even us made the switch. UGAy probably has to do the same cause ya'll don't have that insane michel chubb combo you had last year

Thanks for bringing us some solid post R&B.

I honestly think that kirby didn't promise anything to fields. I think that fields thinks(maybe knows) that he is better than fromm. And he wasn't scared of the competition. He probably is better. Bama, clemson, and even us made the switch. UGAy probably has to do the same cause ya'll don't have that insane michel chubb combo you had last year
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that Fromm didn't make mistakes last year and helped get us where we wanted to be, but you are right. IMO Fields has the potential to actually win games, while Fromm can just help you not lose.

Advertisement
Back