George Pickens

Advertisement
It sounded like we would’ve had a chance if we offered earlier.

Our staff boggles my mind sometimes. He’s the number 9 overall player in the country on rivals how did we not offer him if there was interest?? I get it we thought we had haselwood but why wouldn’t u want a 2 headed monster with him and this guy would’ve been unstoppable

Advertisement
He's a stud but this Is a result of the staff for some reason believing they were gonna get kids. Ivins mentioned that 9 out of the 20 targets we have missed on since August were "silents"

Advertisement
He's a stud but this Is a result of the staff for some reason believing they were gonna get kids. Ivins mentioned that 9 out of the 20 targets we have missed on since August were "silents"

The staff acts surprised that top kids didn't want to go to a **** offense that was in a losing streak to the likes of UVA, BC, Duke...

Our staff boggles my mind sometimes. He’s the number 9 overall player in the country on rivals how did we not offer him if there was interest?? I get it we thought we had haselwood but why wouldn’t u want a 2 headed monster with him and this guy would’ve been unstoppable

What, you forgot about Jeremiah payton, the staff was pairing baywatch with him, now that baywatch has gone to Oklahoma, if pickens wants in, the spot is his, this is not rocket science. If you got one receiver committed and another you pursuing strong, who made it almost a lock he was coming in, but things happens cause no matter if we offered than or now, pickens was still the second choice, so now that an honest spot is open, if he's salty bout that, that's on him, but sounds like he's somewhat respectful of the opportunity now which shows he's not shallow!

What, you forgot about Jeremiah payton, the staff was pairing baywatch with him, now that baywatch has gone to Oklahoma, if pickens wants in, the spot is his, this is not rocket science. If you got one receiver committed and another you pursuing strong, who made it almost a lock he was coming in, but things happens cause no matter if we offered than or now, pickens was still the second choice, so now that an honest spot is open, if he's salty bout that, that's on him, but sounds like he's somewhat respectful of the opportunity now which shows he's not shallow!

The truth is somewhere in between. I agree that if a kid really wants to come to UM and sees opportunity here for himself, he will come despite the late interest. But that does not excuse the staff from ignoring other talented and interested options at any position group... especially a position group that saw it's best player go down to a career-ending injury and its second best player walk away in late November. Why didn't we reach out to this kid back then?

Regardless, if Diaz is a savage, he and the new OC and WR coach reach out to this kid on 1/10, making it clear to him that there is a new sheriff in town and the new sheriff wants him at UM. The most exciting part about the entire offensive staff being fired is that the new staff can instantly blame them for failing to contact/offer earlier.

The truth is somewhere in between. I agree that if a kid really wants to come to UM and sees opportunity here for himself, he will come despite the late interest. But that does not excuse the staff from ignoring other talented and interested options at any position group... especially a position group that saw it's best player go down to a career-ending injury and its second best player walk away in late November. Why didn't we reach out to this kid back then?

Regardless, if Diaz is a savage, he and the new OC and WR coach reach out to this kid on 1/10, making it clear to him that there is a new sheriff in town and the new sheriff wants him at UM. The most exciting part about the entire offensive staff being fired is that the new staff can instantly blame them for failing to contact/offer earlier.

No doubt, but actually i do believe that's about when we started hearing this guys name around the time baywatch started getting shaky cause the possible 3rd receiver they wanted was possibly t.j. jones and when jeff walked away it made it even clearer we needed 3!

But if this new staff does what some people live by, you right, they do have an out and can blame the recently departed staff, but i dont see coach diaz doing that, i think they'll just say the Truth, and that is easy, being that "we not sure why the other staff did what they did, but what we do know is, this staff wants you!

Advertisement

9? Holy ****, went from easily having a top 5 class to 40ish. Maybe would have a lost a few to bags anyways but as they say Win and They Will Come..

Thank God Richt hung it up

9? Holy ****, went from easily having a top 5 class to 40ish. Maybe would have a lost a few to bags anyways but as they say Win and They Will Come..

Thank God Richt hung it up
It was 6 but still

Advertisement
George Pickens ...wants to de commit, and come to the U

Attachments

• 44922F9D-9858-4D9E-B486-9547B68DBFC9.jpeg
    44922F9D-9858-4D9E-B486-9547B68DBFC9.jpeg
    839.1 KB · Views: 322
  • 7AE1F6E4-B57F-4BB0-8E6F-4D944789209F.jpeg
    7AE1F6E4-B57F-4BB0-8E6F-4D944789209F.jpeg
    499 KB · Views: 317
  • 1943E928-2500-46EA-A675-E4DA1D901D43.jpeg