George Pickens WR ....make him a Hurricane

Yea I’m a Miami fan. So clearly I think the best path would be through Miami. It’s called pride. Get out of here with that logic. Let’s be honest, this kid would make it to the league if he went to FAU. And I can almost guarantee he will be at Oklahoma longer than Riley with the way the NFL is targeting some of these collegiate offensive minds. I was 18 once. And I **** sure wouldn’t pick Norman, Tuscaloosa, or Athens to go spend the prime years of my life.
Going to FAU may still get him in the NFL but would he be as prepared and as developed as he will be after a few years in a top program with a great offensive mind coaching him. That is a resounding NO. He, like all great players don't just want to make it to the league and get paid, they want to be GREAT. GTFOH, he is not Jamarcus Russell.

Advertisement
So incredibly predictable and so incredibly dumb.

Yes, Miami > Norman. Sure. But you know who also lives in Norman? About 20,000 18-22 year old girls who love to blow football players.

Wanna know who else lives in Norman? Lincoln Riley, who has turned his last 2 QBs into Heisman trophy winners. How do you win a Heisman? Throwing the football to receivers who put up big numbers and get the attention of the NFL, where you make a lot of money.

People always crack me up with this ****. As if the Miami players are at Liv everynight, throwing around hundreds of thousands of dollars, ******* models on yachts. Yes, Miami is amazing and the weather is great and there's a ton of **** to do. But you don't think these kids have fun and get laid and get drunk in other college towns? This kid wants to get paid a ton of money, and it'd be nice to get some ***** along the way in college. You're moronic if you think the best (or only) path for that is going to Miami right now, especially with how the program looked when he was making his decision.
Norman sucks donkey b@lls. I would HATE to live there. We have more beautiful women in Miami that like to date football players. See pic of A. Richards cute gf on another thread. It is way more fun to live in Miami than fre@king Norman, OK (omg). We have South Beach, many other beautiful beaches, great nightlife, all the benefits of being a major cosmopolitan city, culture, diversity, great boating, awesome fishing, beautiful trails to hike, bike and run and the list of advantages in Miami goes on & on. I used to ride out to Key Biscayne and back almost every morning around 6am. The views were so awesome. And there is still no better springboard to the NFL than Miami (and hasn't been for the last 30 years). Miami hasn't just produced tons of players drafted by the NFL, it has produced countless high round draft picks, Pro Bowlers, and NFL HOFers. There is only one U.

Norman sucks donkey b@lls. I would HATE to live there. We have more beautiful women in Miami that like to date football players. See pic of A. Richards cute gf on another thread. It is way more fun to live in Miami than fre@king Norman, OK (omg). We have South Beach, many other beautiful beaches, great nightlife, all the benefits of being a major cosmopolitan city, culture, diversity, great boating, awesome fishing, beautiful trails to hike, bike and run and the list of advantages in Miami goes on & on. I used to ride out to Key Biscayne and back almost every morning around 6am. The views were so awesome. And there is still no better springboard to the NFL than Miami (and hasn't been for the last 30 years). Miami hasn't just produced tons of players drafted by the NFL, it has produced countless high round draft picks, Pro Bowlers, and NFL HOFers. There is only one U.

Cool passion for the program. Genuinely. Colossally retarded otherwise. Enjoy your weekend, Go Canes.

Advertisement
Idk that one cat on here seems like he has some inside info on Pickens. Maybe the kid has real interest.

Let's just address this for a second.

He was not hating on the U. He liked the U.

He was only speaking the truth. It's not his fault our players lost to ******* Duke and were chumming it up afterwords like it was no big deal. It's a big deal when a team is OK with losing. Can understand why he didn't want to be part of that culture. A culture we're now trying to change.

I was going to say he wasn't necessary hating but he didn't really have anything positive to say about Miami. Dude said he only wore our gloves bc they were Adidas. Like, c'mon now.

Regardless he's another team and is now considered the enemy.

Advertisement
Maybe he isn't the fastest guy on the field but he has some good speed to him, he seems to excel at YAC, combat catches, he also lines up outside AND in the slot (not often you see a guy 6'5 in the slot) so he is versatile and you can tell he has a good IQ for the game because he does really good at finding and getting to the soft spot in the coverage. He appears to be everything we wanted Cager to be
He reminds me darrell langham 2.0

Advertisement
I think Peyton has the better career then hasslewood, no canes shades. I think he catches the ball away from his body and is overall more fluid catching the ball.

Last edited:
I think Peyton has the better career then hasslewood, no canes shades. I think he catches the ball away from his body and is overall more technical sound.

Except Haslewood is a freak and will be playing in a proven Oklahoma high powered offense. We don't know how our offense will look yet. Even without accouting for how they will both ultimately end up in college individually...there's no question on who will be a better position when it comes to scheme and chances for touches.

Except Haslewood is a freak and will be playing in a proven Oklahoma high powered offense. We don't know how our offense will look yet. Even without accouting for how they will both ultimately end up in college individually...there's no question on who will be a better position when it comes to scheme and chances for touches.

You don't think the KC Chiefs offense compares favorably to OU's ? It was the 3rd greatest offense in the history of the NFL in terms of production. Enos's Spread-Coast offense is going to be an iteration of that. Though it may have taken some time, he eventually would've fit in perfectly.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You don't think the KC Chiefs Offense compares favorably to OU's ? It was the 3rd greatest Offense in the history of the NFL in terms of production. Enos's spread-coast Offense is going to be an iteration of that. Though it may have taken some time, he eventually would've fit in perfectly.

We dont know how the offense will look. We predict that he will run that offense but we have no pudding for the proof. If he does run that offense, and it is successful, whose to say it will be good enough to overtake the most efficient offense, that plays against weaker defensive competition? We would be talking about going from P5 worst to best offense. In a year? I wish and hope that would be the case.

Advertisement
Back