George Pickens WR ....make him a Hurricane

Advertisement
Agreed. Haselwood was the type of personality + talent Miami needed at WR. Wish him the best but I have not been a fan since I seen the video if him hating on The U.

Let's just address this for a second.

He was not hating on the U. He liked the U.

He was only speaking the truth. It's not his fault our players lost to ******* Duke and were chumming it up afterwords like it was no big deal. It's a big deal when a team is OK with losing. Can understand why he didn't want to be part of that culture. A culture we're now trying to change.

He was only speaking the truth. It's not his fault our players lost to ******* Duke and were chumming it up afterwords like it was no big deal. It's a big deal when a team is OK with losing. Can understand why he didn't want to be part of that culture. A culture we're not trying to change.
Was that supposed to be a now at the end?

He was only speaking the truth. It's not his fault our players lost to ******* Duke and were chumming it up afterwords like it was no big deal. It's a big deal when a team is OK with losing. Can understand why he didn't want to be part of that culture. A culture we're not trying to change.
I agree and I was ****ed at him but he was right and that's on everybody players and coaches

Advertisement
Knowing how much the program has changed in the last month.. hard to wonder if haselwood would have considered us at the second signing day

We’ll never know but i doubt it. Seems like he was really didn’t like the player attitudes on this team

While Haselwood was right, the fact of the matter remains that that ************ has to live in Norman ******* Oklahoma for the next 3-4 years. So ultimately, the joke is on him.

Something tells me he's going to be just fine.

Sour grapes is a bad look.

Focus your ****iness towards the South Flordia douches who constantly **** on the program for no reason

Advertisement
While Haselwood was right, the fact of the matter remains that that ************ has to live in Norman ******* Oklahoma for the next 3-4 years. So ultimately, the joke is on him.

So incredibly predictable and so incredibly dumb.

Yes, Miami > Norman. Sure. But you know who also lives in Norman? About 20,000 18-22 year old girls who love to blow football players.

Wanna know who else lives in Norman? Lincoln Riley, who has turned his last 2 QBs into Heisman trophy winners. How do you win a Heisman? Throwing the football to receivers who put up big numbers and get the attention of the NFL, where you make a lot of money.

People always crack me up with this ****. As if the Miami players are at Liv everynight, throwing around hundreds of thousands of dollars, ******* models on yachts. Yes, Miami is amazing and the weather is great and there's a ton of **** to do. But you don't think these kids have fun and get laid and get drunk in other college towns? This kid wants to get paid a ton of money, and it'd be nice to get some ***** along the way in college. You're moronic if you think the best (or only) path for that is going to Miami right now, especially with how the program looked when he was making his decision.

So incredibly predictable and so incredibly dumb.

Yes, Miami > Norman. Sure. But you know who also lives in Norman? About 20,000 18-22 year old girls who love to blow football players.

Wanna know who else lives in Norman? Lincoln Riley, who has turned his last 2 QBs into Heisman trophy winners. How do you win a Heisman? Throwing the football to receivers who put up big numbers and get the attention of the NFL, where you make a lot of money.

People always crack me up with this ****. As if the Miami players are at Liv everynight, throwing around hundreds of thousands of dollars, ******* models on yachts. Yes, Miami is amazing and the weather is great and there's a ton of **** to do. But you don't think these kids have fun and get laid and get drunk in other college towns? This kid wants to get paid a ton of money, and it'd be nice to get some ***** along the way in college. You're moronic if you think the best (or only) path for that is going to Miami right now, especially with how the program looked when he was making his decision.

Yea I’m a Miami fan. So clearly I think the best path would be through Miami. It’s called pride. Get out of here with that logic. Let’s be honest, this kid would make it to the league if he went to FAU. And I can almost guarantee he will be at Oklahoma longer than Riley with the way the NFL is targeting some of these collegiate offensive minds. I was 18 once. And I **** sure wouldn’t pick Norman, Tuscaloosa, or Athens to go spend the prime years of my life.

Advertisement
Yea I’m a Miami fan. So clearly I think the best path would be through Miami. It’s called pride. Get out of here with that logic. Let’s be honest, this kid would make it to the league if he went to FAU. And I can almost guarantee he will be at Oklahoma longer than Riley with the way the NFL is targeting some of these collegiate offensive minds. I was 18 once. And I **** sure wouldn’t pick Norman, Tuscaloosa, or Athens to go spend the prime years of my life.

Can't speak about Norman, but having lived in Atlanta for many years, Athens is a great college city.

He was only speaking the truth. It's not his fault our players lost to ******* Duke and were chumming it up afterwords like it was no big deal. It's a big deal when a team is OK with losing. Can understand why he didn't want to be part of that culture. A culture we're now trying to change.

Totally agreed man.

Hard to hate on the kid if I take off the cane shades and imagine where I would go as a stud WR focused on getting to the NFL if my choices were between:

1) a 7-6 team that lost to Duke, Va, BC, etc. that ran the world-famous WW2-era Richt Offense that let QBs that somehow worse each week pass screen passes to receivers that dropped more than they caught. Plus a historically poor recruiting class as your peers.

OR

2) A playoff level team with the new hotshot offensive coach that produced 2 Heisman QBs back-to-back in an offense all about getting you the ball as a WR. Plus a **** good recruiting class with a star QB in it.

Can't speak about Norman, but having lived in Atlanta for many years, Athens is a great college city.

I was born and raised in Fort Lauderdale and have lived in Atlanta for 5 years now and have been to Athens a few times. That being said, as an 18 year old, I couldn’t fathom choosing to live in Athens over the Magic City. Maybe that’s my orange and green colored glasses. But that’s just me.

Advertisement

LOL. Don't bring any of that there logic 'round here!!

Kidding aside. I'm all for pride or Orange and Green glasses, whatever you want to call it.. But most of us were scratching our heads trying to figure out why a kid like Haselwood was interested in Miami in the first place. F**k him, but I understand why he chose to go with OU in mid-December. If he were a NSD kid I think we prob would have signed him

It's called pride. Which you have. And a kid from Atlanta doesn't for YOUR college team. YOU can't fathom living in Norman for 3 years. Thousands and thousands of kids can.

Again, you have absolutely zero perspective. You were 18 once. Were you a D1 athlete? Were you a 5-star D1 athlete? Were you the #1 ranked recruit at your position? I'm going to say no. So your experience as an 18 year old, wherever you were, doesn't compare to the experience Jadon Haselwood may have. This is the ultimate "take off the orange and green glasses" discussion.

The people who can't see this kid made the decision that he felt was best for him, and that it's a GOOD decision by any metric, are just weirdo fanboys.

It's not like Norman is in the sticks. It's 20 miles from OKC. It's location hasn't seem to hurt them in the past.

Advertisement
Back