George Brown sustains MCL injury

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Backup LT George Brown will undergo surgery this week and is expected to make a full recovery after sustaining an MCL injury in his right knee, per UM. No word on how long he will be out as of now.

At yesterday's practice, the Canes shifted freshman Delone Scaife from RG to LT to cover for Brown on the second team offensive line. Head Coach Mark Richt has been on the record saying he feels Scaife is Miami's #6 lineman right now (first guy off the bench) and the Canes will give him every shot to see if he can play tackle

Brown, a redshirt junior and a native of Cincinnati, Ohio, transferred to UM from LSU in 2016. He saw action in three games as a reserve offensive lineman last season.

Advertisement
"In like a lion, out like a lamb"

****. Smh. Well if the light can come on for Jahir Jones in his last year then maybe the same can happen to GBrown next year.

"In like a lion, out like a lamb"

****. Smh. Well if the light can come on for Jahir Jones in his last year then maybe the same can happen to GBrown next year.

Doubt he is on the roster next year. Should have his degree and we have other guys better.

First we lose Michael Irvings son, now we lose Jerome Browns

8Pjg.gif

Advertisement
Dude should go to Costa Rica and immediately begin stem cell therapy.

If he does, he'll be back for the UNC game.

Crazy as it sounds, the MCL is the least bad knee ligament to tear. As long as it didn't involve his ACL he should be back by mid season (avg 2 months recovery). So I guess that's a positive.

Advertisement
Tough one for Brown, & it's unfortunate to have to move Scaife over to 2nd team tackle. I really think once he starts getting reps, he'd be an upgrade at one of the guard spots. He's a trench bully. Reminds me of Nesta (I'd pay to watch those 2 go at it in practice). I'm not surprised in the least that he seems to be the most game ready of the freshmen OL.

Crazy as it sounds, the MCL is the least bad knee ligament to tear. As long as it didn't involve his ACL he should be back by mid season (avg 2 months recovery). So I guess that's a positive.
Not at all if I ever hear a player sustaining a knee injury (besides hyperextension/sprain ) I always hope that it’s just the mcl

Backup LT George Brown will undergo surgery this week and is expected to make a full recovery after sustaining an MCL injury in his right knee, per UM. No word on how long he will be out as of now.

At yesterday's practice, the Canes shifted freshman Delone Scaife from RG to LT to cover for Brown on the second team offensive line. Head Coach Mark Richt has been on the record saying he feels Scaife is Miami's #6 lineman right now (first guy off the bench) and the Canes will give him every shot to see if he can play tackle

Brown, a redshirt junior and a native of Cincinnati, Ohio, transferred to UM from LSU in 2016. He saw action in three games as a reserve offensive lineman last season.

That sucks. He may not have been a starter, but anytime you got two starting tackles that are 320 and 350 respectively, you need a swing-tackle, a George was fighting for that spot.

Looking real thin at Tackle right now boys.

Anyone high on a youngster? I know John Campbell WILL be that guy, just not sure he's developed enough yet. I heard DJ scaife could be our 6th, but he's still a small freshman.

Advertisement
I call George Brown he responded, as he calls me I respond.

It depends on the grade of tear (II or III) and location (origin, midsubstance, insertion), as well as concomitant injury. Usually, isolated PCL tears are the least deleterious and, for the most part, are treated conservatively.

MCL heals on its own I thought. Won't Irvin and Brown be out longer now that they had surgery?

Advertisement
MCL heals on its own I thought. Won't Irvin and Brown be out longer now that they had surgery?

If it's a grade III injury (i.e. full thickness tear), it is almost always repaired. Grade II (partial tears) are the gray area. Some are some aren't. Depends on degree of tearing and whether or not there is instability.

Word is 4 months for Irvin but Richt said could be back sooner if everything goes smooth. Brown no one knows a timetable. Depends on the severity of it. Of course SMD goes he will be out a very long time. God that woman really annoys the **** out of me.

Advertisement
Back