George Brown and Tre Johnson

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
please, someone tell me we have some news on how they are playing on scout team?

Advertisement
Have heard nothing on Brown. I recall someone shared the fact that Johnson's competitiveness is not quite there and even got into it with some teammates b/c of this. That's all third hand info but he's having some freshman struggles.

Brown was a guy that folks had concern with because he allegedly has a very involved dad and felt like he was never given a fair shake at LSU. Those kinds of things - if true - are potential red flags.

Have heard nothing of ability but I am curious as well.

Advertisement
Have heard nothing on Brown. I recall someone shared the fact that Johnson's competitiveness is not quite there and even got into it with some teammates b/c of this. That's all third hand info but he's having some freshman struggles.

Brown was a guy that folks had concern with because he allegedly has a very involved dad and felt like he was never given a fair shake at LSU. Those kinds of things - if true - are potential red flags.

Have heard nothing of ability but I am curious as well.

Lol so johnson is already trash and brown has an over entitled parent. Perfect.

Brown quit because he couldn't get any PT at LSU, which was inept offensively. I wouldn't expect any miracles from him. And Johnson is a project.

All you guys expecting freshmans OL to bail us out are in for a rude awakening.

Advertisement
Brown quit because he couldn't get any PT at LSU, which was inept offensively. I wouldn't expect any miracles from him. And Johnson is a project.

i don't care by who and how old they are, we need to see a bunch of this years starters losing jobs next year,

This. They think Donaldson and some combination of Telfort, Herbert or slaton will fix the garbage offensive playcalling and non-rhythm. It's always wait til richt gets 'his guys'.

and don't know why they keep saying it like its a good thing...If we have two freshman's starting the ol will look similarly to the way they look now next year.

Donaldson should be a guy that steals some reps.

This. They think Donaldson and some combination of Telfort, Herbert or slaton will fix the garbage offensive playcalling and non-rhythm. It's always wait til richt gets 'his guys'.

You gotta start somewhere.

Advertisement

and don't know why they keep saying it like its a good thing...If we have two freshman's starting the ol will look similarly to the way they look now next year.

then get more graduate transfers

Brown isnt a freshmen. From what Ive seen he will come in as a RS-SO.

I dont think anyone is banking on freshmen to do anything besides Donaldson.

Slaton and Herbert are in no way ready to throw into the fire Day 1. And who knows if they even come here.

Donaldson will walk in and take someone's lunch. But the offense will still be a **** show, and then people will start blaming Donaldson and whatever other new guy plays.

Advertisement

Slaton and Herbert are in no way ready to throw into the fire Day 1. And who knows if they even come here.

I know Brown isn't a freshmans. I still wouldn't be counting on a guy who quit at LSU because he couldn't play doing much.

And if you're not banking on freshmans, then what are you banking on to change our fortunes? Everyone is crying about the OL as if they are cripples. They'll be the same guys on the team next year.

I know Brown isn't a freshmans. I still wouldn't be counting on a guy who quit at LSU because he couldn't play doing much.

And if you're not banking on freshmans, then what are you banking on to change our fortunes? Everyone is crying about the OL as if they are cripples. They'll be the same guys on the team next year.

Development of the current guys and grad transfers I guess. (shrugs) But Slaton, Herbert, and Telfort are not even good enough right now to make the OL better next year. We arent talking "Alex Leatherwood" type prospects here. 5* cant miss type guys.. They are going to need 2 years to develop and then unleash them.

Donaldson is probably ready to take a spot next year but thats it.

But we are who we are. Darling and KC were both upper 4* type prospects just like Slaton and Herbert are. Not sure why as JRs they have not taken any positive steps. Linder was a 3* so he is doing the best he can im sure. He is actually over-achieving if anything. Isidora too.

Donaldson will walk in and take someone's lunch. But the offense will still be a **** show, and then people will start blaming Donaldson and whatever other new guy plays.

I do recall Darling being sold to us as a taker of others' lunches.

Lots of posters going heavy with their crystal ball predictions of the future of Richt after using a broken one for Golden or Shannon, but I'm sure if Donaldson is a turnstile, he'll get criticized like all previous turnstiles before him.

I do recall Darling being sold to us as a taker of others' lunches.

Lots of posters going heavy with their crystal ball predictions of the future of Richt after using a broken one for Golden or Shannon, but I'm sure if Donaldson is a turnstile, he'll get criticized like all previous turnstiles before him.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Advertisement
Back