Tears Geo says JD has been hired

Advertisement
If anyone actually took the time to look into Rad's history, people would know he is **** poor at hiring HCs and besides football, really doesn't give a **** about other athletic programs.

Everyone was enamored with the hire because he came from Clemson, but besides fundraising, I believe most in the long term will be very disappointed with him as AD at UM.

the sopranos hbo GIF

If anyone actually took the time to look into Rad's history, people would know he is **** poor at hiring HCs and besides football, really doesn't give a **** about other athletic programs.

Everyone was enamored with the hire because he came from Clemson, but besides fundraising, I believe most in the long term will be very disappointed with him as AD at UM.
I actually think this was a common comment when he was being discussed and hired. At least on here. But 1) we were happy to be done with Blake; 2) football was and is the priority, in terms of focus, fundraising, and conference realignment; 3) our facilities did need an upgrade; and 4) it takes money to win. Having said all of that, it does not negate needing to hire the right coaches, and more importantly, in Miami big gifts usually come with a heavy element of kissing the ring. Other parts of the country it is more here is some money, give me some access, get results. Not in Miami. Everyone wants to be at the best table at LIV, Prime, or involved in coaching decisions at Miami.

Advertisement
Here is the entire history of UM baseball. No exaggeration.

We've had two Hall-of-Fame head coaches who won 1,000 games apiece. And every other coach has sucked, with the possible exception of Jimmie Foxx (yes, THAT Jimmie Foxx). In fact, with the excepion of Jimmie Fox, Ron Fraser was the first full-time baseball-only coach we had hired to that point.

1. Jack Harding - 1940 (pre-WWII) - yes, THAT Jack Harding. HOF head FOOTBALL coach and Athletic Director.
2. Eddie Dunn - 1946-1954 - yes, THAT Eddie Dunn. ALSO coached UM Football during WWII.
3. Perry Moss - 1955 - yes, THAT Perry Moss. Former head coach of the Arena Football Orlando Predators.
4. Jimmie Foxx - 1956-1957 - yes, THAT Jimmie Foxx.
5. Whitey Campbell - 1958, then 1960-1964. ALSO had a longer career as a football coach.
6. Ron Fraser - 30 year baseball god.
7. Brad Kelly - 1993, bought alcohol for an underage player.
8. Jim Morris - 25 year baseball god.
9. Gino Dimare - 2019-2023. 'Nuff said.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here is the entire history of UM baseball. No exaggeration.

We've had two Hall-of-Fame head coaches who won 1,000 games apiece. And every other coach has sucked, with the possible exception of Jimmie Foxx (yes, THAT Jimmie Foxx). In fact, with the excepion of Jimmie Fox, Ron Fraser was the first full-time baseball-only coach we had hired to that point.

1. Jack Harding - 1940 (pre-WWII) - yes, THAT Jack Harding. HOF head FOOTBALL coach and Athletic Director.
2. Eddie Dunn - 1946-1954 - yes, THAT Eddie Dunn. ALSO coached UM Football during WWII.
3. Perry Moss - 1955 - yes, THAT Perry Moss. Former head coach of the Arena Football Orlando Predators.
4. Jimmie Foxx - 1956-1957 - yes, THAT Jimmie Foxx.
5. Whitey Campbell - 1958, then 1960-1964. ALSO had a longer career as a football coach.
6. Ron Fraser - 30 year baseball god.
7. Brad Kelly - 1993, bought alcohol for an underage player.
8. Jim Morris - 25 year baseball god.
9. Gino Dimare - 2019-2023. 'Nuff said.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

never listen to former players for any sport

ARod

Advertisement
First and probably last post in here as I don't really care about baseball but wasn't the pitching the worst part of the team this year? And if so, why hire the pitching coach?
****, that’s a great point. Can’t believe no one thought of that.

Worst hire in Canes history. The. Worst.

And we know it’ll end up with him getting canned in two years. Unbelievable incompetence.

Advertisement
AD Rad: How can we kick the few baseball fans we have left squarely in the ********s with this hire?

Some intern: You could hire the pitching coach from a failed regime that fans have wanted out for 10 years and was in charge of the pitching staff that ended the 2023 season in total shambles.

AD Rad: Make the call (lights cuban cigar and laughs ominously)

Advertisement
Back