Tears Geo says JD has been hired

I am not a big social media guy but I have been on twitter reading comments across like 3-4 of the main "Announcement" tweets about the hire.

I have to say this is about as unified as this fan base has been on a topic in my memory. DiMare, Diaz, Shannon, Golden, Richt, L, assistant hires, etc. You can always find supporters, valid arguments on why it might work, etc.

This hire. I'd say 90% is not pleased.

So JD has a chance to really stick it to a fan base win or lose.

Advertisement
So much for Rad being an AD that would bring about the changes needed. There should have been a clean sweep instead of more of the same but nope we have to promote from within over and over with the exact same results. It’s a Canes thing and I will never understand!!! 🤬🤬🤬

Hey Rad....
mister rogers middle finger GIF

Advertisement
A competent search goes back to the drawing board then, not to someone who shouldn't have even been Plan D. The '24 season is already toast, might as well blow it up like FSU did until you find someone proven.
Im guessing you mean FSU blow it up by hiring Martins son for cheap while waiting for Link? Honestly if you cant get a stud coach just promote from within for pennies and wait.

Advertisement
Worst part of sports, college in particular, is when a team you like makes a terrible coaching hire and everyone knows it but the AD. Knowing that for at least 3-4 years you’re wasting time until the coach is inevitably fired is the biggest disappointment. Fly the banner for Rad, hes no different than Blake
Spot on

I am not a big social media guy but I have been on twitter reading comments across like 3-4 of the main "Announcement" tweets about the hire.

I have to say this is about as unified as this fan base has been on a topic in my memory. DiMare, Diaz, Shannon, Golden, Richt, L, assistant hires, etc. You can always find supporters, valid arguments on why it might work, etc.

This hire. I'd say 90% is not pleased.

So JD has a chance to really stick it to a fan base win or lose.
I thought the same thing

I don’t follow the baseball program too closely. In all seriousness, is there anything positive when it comes to JD? Is he more into analytics? Better recruiter? Forward thinking? I’m genuinely asking.

Advertisement
I feel like this would be like if they fired Diaz and hired Enos. Or fired Mario last year to hire Gattass. Speechless. Potentially worst hire I’ve seen at this school and that’s a remarkable accomplishment.

Most amazing part is I’m not even that shocked.

This is disappointing, but JD better get to work.

Seems like he will step back and hire a pitching coach so that’s gonna be the most important hire this off-season, we just can’t keep falling behind in that department, we’re not anywhere close to the teams in Omaha this season in that regard.

A good hitting coach is a must too, we have to change our approach moving forward.

Yes this hire sucks, but it’s over and time to see what happens.

This isn’t the old days where you need to wait 2-3 years for recruits to pan out, go out and get impact transfers now and lessen the damage our massive departures are going to leave.

ARod and JD are Westminster buddies.

ARod is one of the richest UM donors around.

Rad is like Blake James. Interested in fundraising (to build big buildings).

ARod goes to Rad and says, hire my buddy and you get a seven figure check.

This is the only logical explanation for such a putrid hire.

Advertisement
This is disappointing, but JD better get to work.

Seems like he will step back and hire a pitching coach so that’s gonna be the most important hire this off-season, we just can’t keep falling behind in that department, we’re not anywhere close to the teams in Omaha this season in that regard.

A good hitting coach is a must too, we have to change our approach moving forward.

Yes this hire sucks, but it’s over and time to see what happens.

This isn’t the old days where you need to wait 2-3 years for recruits to pan out, go out and get impact transfers now and lessen the damage our massive departures are going to leave

Fixed it for you

I don’t follow the baseball program too closely. In all seriousness, is there anything positive when it comes to JD? Is he more into analytics? Better recruiter? Forward thinking? I’m genuinely asking.
Season 11 Nothing GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Advertisement
Back